Mike Hanson   10-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Yes yes yes I know there is a much older posting with many replies on this subject, but I get the vibe that they are all from folks who read signed advanced sales copies of Harbingers.

This here post is for us folks (the majority of the readers of Paul's books by the way) who just, only very recently, purchased Harbingers at your neighborhood bookstore.

I read my copy yesterday (last night) and could not put it down! Yowza! Great stuff! Big Grin

* * * POTENTIAL SPOILERS * * *

There are so many excellent story threads and theories and plotlines that pull together and are finally revealed by the end of the book that it could have been titled "Nexus" or "Tapestry" or "Paradigm" instead.

I have not read the updated Nightworld (and will not do so until I have finished reading all of the RJ books that Paul will write). But I find myself hoping that Oculus Diane is given a role in Nightworld, albeit a small supporting one. I find that her character has so much potential.

I "loved" the idea of the Yeniceri (I once wrote a spec script for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine titled "The Janissary) and more background information on The Twins! These two characters practically stole the show in CONSPIRACIES, and I can see why Paul had to kill them off, lest they overshadow Jack in further books.

All the heartache with Jack, and Vickie, and Gia is...well...heartbreaking. Sniff. Sad

I do have to admit, though, that while mother nature and her doggie worked pretty well in most of the books, by Harbingers they seemed to have turned into pretty predictable walk-on roles. I hope in the next book or two that Paul does something a little more original and interesting with them...IMHO.

Great book! I've gotta read it again.

Mike out Big Grin
This post was last modified: 10-01-2006, 12:43 PM by Mike Hanson.
redheadmargo   10-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Hey Mike,
I agree with you that I would love to hear more about the occuli...very interesting stuff. I also got my book from amazon (not special edition) so I just finished it last week. I can see myself reading it again and again before the next book comes out.Smile
Snake   10-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Mike Hanson Wrote:There are so many excellent story threads and theories and plotlines that pull together and are finally revealed by the end of the book that it could have been titled "Nexus" or "Tapestry" or "Paradigm" instead.

Big Grin

Any of your suggested titles would have been better choices than the one that stuck...

I read it back in May, so much has already faded, but I did enjoy it once I got past that God-awful title...

"Are you gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?" - Kurt Russell (Tombstone)
Dr. Trilobite   10-02-2006, 01:26 AM
Harbingers? God-awful? I thought it was a great and foreboding title.