Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5   
Weatherford   09-21-2006, 05:06 PM
I have had people telling me about this series and the movie.... they are oin special on Amazon.com... worth buying?

I am not a particular Buffy/Angel fan (well... not at all, really)... but I keep hearing good things about these.

Opinions (from a group I trust! Wink ) please.
jimbow8   09-21-2006, 05:09 PM
There are tons of threads about this show on this board. Do a search and you should find them easily.

They are generally regarded by "everyone" on this board, including myself, as EXCELLENT.

I recommend watching the entire series before watching Serenity.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Mark S.   09-21-2006, 05:17 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:They are generally regarded by "everyone" on this board, including myself, as EXCELLENT.

Not everyone.

I really wanted to like "Firefly." I thought it was a great concept, and I'd liked some of Whedon's past work. But the show itself failed in execution on almost every point. I hated "Firefly."

So much so that I never even bothered to watch Serenity, so I can't vouch for that one way or the other.
jimbow8   09-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Mark S. Wrote:Not everyone.

I really wanted to like "Firefly." I thought it was a great concept, and I'd liked some of Whedon's past work. But the show itself failed in execution on almost every point. I hated "Firefly."

So much so that I never even bothered to watch Serenity, so I can't vouch for that one way or the other.
I stand corrected. However, you may be the first on this site (that I remember, anyway).

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
GeraldRice   09-21-2006, 06:03 PM
I saw probably 2 episodes of Firefly. But I loved Serenity. If they were playing the hell out of it on satellite I might have bought it.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
cobalt   09-21-2006, 09:23 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I saw probably 2 episodes of Firefly. But I loved Serenity. If they were playing the hell out of it on satellite I might have bought it.
Same for me, I just couldn't get into Firefly. Serenity is worth it, I like this one.

EWMAN
Medusa   09-21-2006, 09:30 PM
I liked Serenity but I've never seen Firefly.
neotank   09-21-2006, 09:41 PM
I liked Serenity and I never saw the TV show.

I didn't think it was a classic or anything but it was good. I preferred the first half of the movie myself.
Dr. Trilobite   09-22-2006, 01:05 AM
I am the biggest Firefly geek in the world.
Kenji   09-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Lately I saw Serenity on DVD and I really really enjoyed it! I wanted to see this in a theatre, but I couldn't! Sad

And......I also really really want to see Firefly.
Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5