Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
Kenji   09-23-2006, 11:17 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:That story was also in the 1983 Twilight Zone: The Movie. Bill Mumy was in that one too.

Yes, I know Bill Mumy was in that too. But I prefer TV version.

By the way, Jim, why this link is games.espen....? :confused:
jimbow8   09-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Kenji Wrote:Yes, I know Bill Mumy was in that too. But I prefer TV version.

By the way, Jim, why this link is games.espen....? :confused:
LOL!! Ooops copied wrong link. I fixed it. Sorry

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   09-23-2006, 11:29 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:LOL!! Ooops copied wrong link. I fixed it. Sorry

LOL That's okay.

This thread is about Twilight Zone. So.....I guessed you got lost in the Twilight Zone. Big Grin
Scott Miller   09-23-2006, 12:02 PM
I finally got around to watching the other two episodes on Treasures of The Twiligth Zone which are apparently quite rare. The Encounter is about a Japanese man, George Takei, who meets an American soldier, Neville Brand, who saw duty in the Pacific during WWII. I guess many viewers were outraged by the frank discussion of racism, so much so that it was never aired again.

An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge won the Academy Award for Best Short Film but again was only aired once. I thought it was excellent.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Sigokat   09-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I finally got around to watching the other two episodes on Treasures of The Twiligth Zone which are apparently quite rare. The Encounter is about a Japanese man, George Takei, who meets an American soldier, Neville Brand, who saw duty in the Pacific during WWII. I guess many viewers were outraged by the frank discussion of racism, so much so that it was never aired again.

An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge won the Academy Award for Best Short Film but again was only aired once. I thought it was excellent.

Both of those episodes and two others, A Short Drink From a Certain Fountain and Sounds and Silences were not part of the orginial syndicatin package. Hence that is why they were all, at one time, extremely rare episodes and almost impossible to find.
This post was last modified: 09-24-2006, 04:43 PM by Sigokat.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Kenji   09-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge won the Academy Award for Best Short Film but again was only aired once. I thought it was excellent.

"An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge" was NOT aired on TV in Japan. But a few months ago, I bought French movie's DVD "Le Rivere Du Hibou", and "An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge" was in it as one episode. The last scene was shocking and stunned. :eek:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/image...15?ie=UTF8
webby   09-24-2006, 11:35 AM
Hey Sig, do you know the title of an episode where a little girl falls through the wall behind her bed and into another dimension? I can't remember ever seeing it, but my mom saw it when it was first aired and it scared her silly. She remembers it vividly to this day! Smile

One of my favorites was the episode where the earth was getting colder and colder because it was out of its orbit and moving away from the sun. The main character was a young woman who was a painter (I think). At the end she wakes up and you find out that she was just dreaming about the earth moving away from the sun. In fact, it was moving closer! :eek:

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sigokat   09-24-2006, 12:09 PM
webby Wrote:Hey Sig, do you know the title of an episode where a little girl falls through the wall behind her bed and into another dimension? I can't remember ever seeing it, but my mom saw it when it was first aired and it scared her silly. She remembers it vividly to this day! Smile

Little Girl Lost

Quote:One of my favorites was the episode where the earth was getting colder and colder because it was out of its orbit and moving away from the sun. The main character was a young woman who was a painter (I think). At the end she wakes up and you find out that she was just dreaming about the earth moving away from the sun. In fact, it was moving closer! :eek:

The Midnight Sun but you have it the other way around. The temperatures are increasing...then she wakes up and discovers it was a dream; the earth is moviing away from the sun.

Both episodes are from the third season. Wow, webby, I haven't had to take that long to search for titles in a while. You had me worried!!!

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
webby   09-24-2006, 12:30 PM
sigokat Wrote:Little Girl Lost

The Midnight Sun but you have it the other way around. The temperatures are increasing...then she wakes up and discovers it was a dream; the earth is moviing away from the sun.

Both episodes are from the third season. Wow, webby, I haven't had to take that long to search for titles in a while. You had me worried!!!

Thanks, Sig! Yep, I last saw Midnight Sun many years ago so I wasn't sure if I had the situations reversed until you said so. Then it all came back. Wink

Also many years ago I lived in California and one of the tv stations there would run an annual TZ marathon - 12 hours of back to back episodes. I saw a lot of them during those marathons!

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5