Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
Ken Valentine   09-19-2006, 08:12 PM
sigokat Wrote:Got an episode question? Ask me, I've come to realize that I'm almost an expert with the TZ titles.

I saw them on TV when they were originally aired from '59 through '64. Needless to say, I don't remember all that many of them. But the shows I do remember, are shows I'll never forget.

Ken V.
KRW   09-20-2006, 12:24 AM
sigokat Wrote:I believe that episode is called Nick of Time

yeah that is a good one too...creepy

I think that's it. Thanks! How do you remember them so well? I remember watching them, but I never paid attention to the titles.

Ken
Sigokat   09-20-2006, 02:26 AM
KRW Wrote:I think that's it. Thanks! How do you remember them so well? I remember watching them, but I never paid attention to the titles.

Ken

TZ is one of my favorite shows. Before DVDs became popular I used to collect them on VHS and tape them off the Sci-Fi channel. I would catalog the tapes so I knew where on the tapes they were if I wanted to watch a particular episode. Now I have them cataloged on my personal laptop. Yeah, I'm a geek, but at least it was with a cool show!

I don't remember every single title, but if you gave me a brief synopsis of an episode I can find the title pretty quick.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Sigokat   09-20-2006, 02:29 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:This reminded me of the movie Magic, in which Anthony Hopkins plays a ventriloquist.

I need to check out some of these old TZ episodes.

The TZ episode is called Ceasar and Me and is another of my favs...very creepy.

I have the movie Magic on DVD, found it at the PX out here of all places. I saw it when I was younger (when my cousin and I used to perform magic shows) and then found it again in college on VHS. Now I have the DVD. Funny thing is is that I was going to watch it last night, but went to get pizza instead. Maybe I'll check it out tonight.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Sigokat   09-20-2006, 02:36 AM
Kenji Wrote:Yeah, I remember "Living Doll".

The Twilight Zone had a lot of creepy doll's episodes. Ventriloquist and doll(The doll speaks to him),

Ceasar and Me

Quote:Dolls in the box (They try to escape from box), etc etc...They were good and weird!

Five Characters in Search of an Exit (they were toys)

Major K

Dave   09-20-2006, 07:29 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Isn't it also an English slang term for prison or a police station? Old Nick?

Ken V.
Yeah, good call, not that common these days (I think the 70's cop shows gave the word a bad rep) but you still hear it now and again. 'Off down the (old) nick to pick up my brother, he got nicked for possession.'

The old is optional.

Dave
Kenji   09-20-2006, 09:23 AM
sigokat Wrote:Ceasar and Me

Five Characters in Search of an Exit (they were toys)

Yeah, they are. Thanks for titles. And....AW! They were toys!
KRW   09-20-2006, 09:13 PM
sigokat Wrote:TZ is one of my favorite shows. Before DVDs became popular I used to collect them on VHS and tape them off the Sci-Fi channel. I would catalog the tapes so I knew where on the tapes they were if I wanted to watch a particular episode. Now I have them cataloged on my personal laptop. Yeah, I'm a geek, but at least it was with a cool show!

I don't remember every single title, but if you gave me a brief synopsis of an episode I can find the title pretty quick.

That sounds like me with "The Simpsons". But that series lost me about 8 years ago.
Kenji   09-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Does anyone remember the episode "It's a Good Life(1961)"? A little boy lived in small town in Ohio. His name is Anthony(Bill Mumy), and he had a special power. Everybody were (including his family) frightened at him. If you angered Anthony, he erase you. So everybody said "Anthony, you are good boy" "Yes, he is good boy and he did good things".

But.....hey, have you ever imagined how he grew up?

The answer is 42 years later.......Anthony grew up and he has daughter! This episode's title is "It's a Still Good Life(2003)" in The Twilight Zone(2002). Bill Mumy played Anthony again. Also Cloris Leachman played Anthony's mother again...

This sequel was excellent and had very chilly moments.
jimbow8   09-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Kenji Wrote:Does anyone remember the episode "It's a Good Life(1961)"? A little boy lived in small town in Ohio. His name is Anthony(Bill Mumy), and he had a special power. Everybody were (including his family) frightened at him. If you angered Anthony, he erase you. So everybody said "Anthony, you are good boy" "Yes, he is good boy and he did good things".

But.....hey, have you ever imagined how he grew up?

The answer is 42 years later.......Anthony grew up and he has daughter! This episode's title is "It's a Still Good Life(2003)" in The Twilight Zone(2002). Bill Mumy played Anthony again. Also Cloris Leachman played Anthony's mother again...

This sequel was excellent and had very chilly moments.
That story was also in the 1983 Twilight Zone: The Movie. Bill Mumy was in that one too.
This post was last modified: 09-23-2006, 11:19 AM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5