Pages (3):    1 2 3   
cobalt   01-08-2007, 11:56 PM
I saw the original version and I think I don't want to see it again in any version.....gave me the creeps!

EWMAN
Kenji   09-01-2007, 05:43 AM
Today I went to a theatre see remake "The Wicker Man".

I enjoyed it......Am I weirdo? :p

But I've never seen original yet, so I can't compare them. I want to see original.
Sigokat   09-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Kenji Wrote:Today I went to a theatre see remake "The Wicker Man".

I enjoyed it......Am I weirdo? :p

But I've never seen original yet, so I can't compare them. I want to see original.

Wow, it is just now getting the theaters over there, Kenji?

Well, since I started this post a long time ago I kind of forgot about it. I eventually did see the remake and even though I am not a Nic Cage fan I will say that it was alright...as a movie on its own. There were a number of plotholes and the whole "daughter" storyline could be seen from the mainland!!

However, it doesn't hold a candle to the original. I did end up watching the original again and I enjoyed it so much more the second time through. still somre really weird stuff...maypole song, the bettle in the desk, etc. But overall, not a bad movie.

Definitely check out the original if you can find it over there, Kenji. I'm sure you'll enjoy it since you liked the remake.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Kenji   09-01-2007, 09:40 PM
sigokat Wrote:Wow, it is just now getting the theaters over there, Kenji?

Yes, yesterday was the opening day.

Quote:Well, since I started this post a long time ago I kind of forgot about it. I eventually did see the remake and even though I am not a Nic Cage fan I will say that it was alright...as a movie on its own. There were a number of plotholes and the whole "daughter" storyline could be seen from the mainland!!!

Depends on genres, I like Nic Cage's movies. In his many movies, I like THE WICKER MAN. Also I like "Ghost Rider", "National Treasure", "Wild At Heart", "Adaptation", and "The Rock". I dislike "Lord of War", "The Weather Man", and "8MM". "8MM" was boring.

Quote:Definitely check out the original if you can find it over there, Kenji. I'm sure you'll enjoy it since you liked the remake.

According to imdb, original was released in 21 March 1998 in Japan...seems I missed it! :o
RichE   09-02-2007, 12:06 PM
I saw the original and it was ok, really nothing like the reputation it was said to be but an allright thriller. And this was the uncut version.
Oh, by the way, Britt really did those nude scenes and her dance. I read this in an old issue of CINEFANTASTIQUE and the director was VERY LESS THAN IMPRESSED with her talent as an actress (called her "Professional Extra!").
Track down the issue-its a good read.
metllicamilitia   09-04-2007, 11:26 AM
I have not seen either and will probably see both, but I'm going to read it first :p And the whole time I'm reading it, I'm going to listen to a song and just one song. The Wicker Man by Iron Maiden. One of the many many songs based off literature by them. Oh! Speaking of which has anyone heard of Ghost Of The Navigator? It's another Maiden song based off literature but I can't find it. The only I found, with webby's help even, was pretty much an exact duplicate of the lyrics in poem form. Sorry to stray from the thread.

"And the rain will kill us all, we throw ourselves against the wall, but no else can see, the preservation of the martyr in me" - [B]Corey Taylor
---------------------------------------------------
[/B]"I, am a worm before I am a man, I, was a creature before I could stand, I, will remember before I forget, before I forget this" - [B]Corey Taylor
[/B]"Dead visions in your name, dead fingers in my veins, dead memories in my heart" - Corey Taylor
phoenix rising   09-04-2007, 12:42 PM
metllicamilitia Wrote:I have not seen either and will probably see both, but I'm going to read it first :p And the whole time I'm reading it, I'm going to listen to a song and just one song. The Wicker Man by Iron Maiden. One of the many many songs based off literature by them. Oh! Speaking of which has anyone heard of Ghost Of The Navigator? It's another Maiden song based off literature but I can't find it. The only I found, with webby's help even, was pretty much an exact duplicate of the lyrics in poem form. Sorry to stray from the thread.

Here is a link to the CD on Amazon Met
http://www.amazon.com/Brave-New-World-Ir...00&sr=1-12
NewYorkjoe   09-04-2007, 12:59 PM
redheadmargo Wrote:I watched this last night and hated it.........I was disappointed in the movie and myself for sitting through it.

My wife (Theo) HATED this film. I was in another theater watching something else that she did not care to see (probably a war or science fiction film).

Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late; And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods,"
"Well, John Henry said to the Cap'n, "A man ain't nuthin' but a man. But, before I let that steam drill beat me, gonna die with my hammer in my hand, Lawd, Lawd, gonna die with my hammer in my hand."
metllicamilitia   09-04-2007, 07:20 PM
phoenix rising Wrote:Here is a link to the CD on Amazon Met
http://www.amazon.com/Brave-New-World-Ir...00&sr=1-12

Well, now that I'm more awake and I re-read my post, I noticed I didn't exactly type it very well. I made sound like I was looking for the cd, which I'm not I already own it, so I apologize for that. What I'm really asking is if anyone knows what it based from. Brave New World is definitely my favorite Maiden album of the ones I own. I apologize again, I wrote that before 10:00 a.m. at school after a 3 day weekend and I was tired.

"And the rain will kill us all, we throw ourselves against the wall, but no else can see, the preservation of the martyr in me" - [B]Corey Taylor
[/B]"I, am a worm before I am a man, I, was a creature before I could stand, I, will remember before I forget, before I forget this" - [B]Corey Taylor
[/B]"Dead visions in your name, dead fingers in my veins, dead memories in my heart" - Corey Taylor
phoenix rising   09-04-2007, 08:03 PM
metllicamilitia Wrote:Well, now that I'm more awake and I re-read my post, I noticed I didn't exactly type it very well. I made sound like I was looking for the cd, which I'm not I already own it, so I apologize for that. What I'm really asking is if anyone knows what it based from. Brave New World is definitely my favorite Maiden album of the ones I own. I apologize again, I wrote that before 10:00 a.m. at school after a 3 day weekend and I was tired.

No worries, I can do some looking, but I don't know how much I can dig up as to where they got the idea and so forth.
Pages (3):    1 2 3