Pages (3):    1 2 3   
jimbow8   09-05-2006, 09:18 AM
sigokat Wrote:Holy Grail and The Meaning of Life are my favorites.

I have this CD that one of my old college roommates left behind when he moved out of a whole bunch of Monty Python skits. Its hilarious!! I love the cheese shop, Eric the Bee, and the Arguement skits the best. Oh and of course the Parrot sketch. Friggin great!!
Laa-dee-dee, 1-2-3, Eric the half a bee! I have a CD of Monty Python Sings; it's hilarious.

Is the Argument skit the one where he walks into the wrong room and then the guy starts "contradicting" him? I love that one.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Scott Miller   09-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Dave Wrote:Blasphemy! Big Grin

Long live Bwian.

Dave

Aye, aye. Also my personal fave from Python.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
jimbow8   09-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Britfan Wrote:When i was younger i loved Holy Grail

As i got older I prefered the more subtle humour of Life of Brian, i really love this movie.
I haven't seen LoB in quite a while, so I'll have to see it this may be true. I am waiting for a Special Edition DVD like they have made for HG and MoL.

Britfan Wrote:I just found this on the web: http://grail.sdsc.edu/main_pages/montypython/script.txt

If you like Holy Grail give it a try

Incidentally my Aunt was in two early episodes of Monty Python on the telly - can't remember it myself but my dad tells me she was running round a field naked with a load of other extras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
Dave   09-05-2006, 01:37 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I haven't seen LoB in quite a while, so I'll have to see it this may be true. I am waiting for a Special Edition DVD like they have made for HG and MoL.
That may be quite a wait, there are some legal rights issues that have been causing headaches since it was first released.

It may happen one day, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Dave
jimbow8   09-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Dave Wrote:That may be quite a wait, there are some legal rights issues that have been causing headaches since it was first released.

Dave
I had that problem with The Tick, also. But that FINALLY came out on DVD!

saynomore   09-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Dave Wrote:That may be quite a wait, there are some legal rights issues that have been causing headaches since it was first released.

Dave

Criterion put out a version of Life of Brian. Check Life of Brian Criterion DVD on ebay, but be prepared to pay a pretty penny. I've already got my copy. Took me a year to finally win an auction.

AC

P.S. If there is a favorite movie you're searching for, always check out the Criterion version. Their versions of "Brazil" and "Silence of the Lambs" are awesome (awesome in the true sense of the word).
Dave   09-06-2006, 07:07 AM
saynomore Wrote:Criterion put out a version of Life of Brian. Check Life of Brian Criterion DVD on ebay, but be prepared to pay a pretty penny. I've already got my copy. Took me a year to finally win an auction.
I didn't know that. What does it have on it?

Quote:P.S. If there is a favorite movie you're searching for, always check out the Criterion version. Their versions of "Brazil" and "Silence of the Lambs" are awesome (awesome in the true sense of the word).
I'm wanting the Dazed and Confused Criterion Edition. Next time I'm in the states it will be top of my shopping list.

Dave
Sigokat   09-06-2006, 07:19 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Laa-dee-dee, 1-2-3, Eric the half a bee! I have a CD of Monty Python Sings; it's hilarious.

Is the Argument skit the one where he walks into the wrong room and then the guy starts "contradicting" him? I love that one.

Yes it is.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

This isn't an argument it's just contridication.

...No it isn't.

Big Grin

And I think my favorite line from the whole skit..."I could be arguing in my spare time."

Also from the Cheese Shop skit...."Do you in fact have ANY cheese here at all?"

"No, sir, I was delibaritely wasting your time."

"Oh, well then I have to shoot you."

"Very good, Sir."

Monty Python is great!!!

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Kenji   09-06-2006, 10:03 AM
My favorite skit is The Spanish Inquisition.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no...our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

When I first saw this skit, I laughed loud.Big Grin
Pages (3):    1 2 3