Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Jamo   09-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Does anyone know this movie?
It is SO Funny! One of the greatest movies I ever watched. I watched it the second time yesterday evening and then I thought, I have to open a thread for this genious movie.
So, bad but so damn funny Big Grin

Everyone who knows this movie knows what I mea. The others: Watch it! It's a Command Big Grin

cya

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
webby   09-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Blessed are the cheesmakers. Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jimbow8   09-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Life of Brian is really good. The Holy Grail is better!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Dave   09-03-2006, 06:17 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Life of Brian is really good. The Holy Grail is better!
Blasphemy! Big Grin

Long live Bwian.

Dave
cobalt   09-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Anything Monty Python is worth watching. I just love the ministry of silly walks!

EWMAN
Kenji   09-04-2006, 04:10 AM
I like "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"! That's the best Python's movie.

cobalt79 Wrote:Anything Monty Python is worth watching. I just love the ministry of silly walks!

LOL I love silly walks too!!! Big Grin

But I still don't understand John Cleese saying, "Now the Japanese have a man who can bend his leg back over his head and back again with every single step."

What's that meaning? :confused:
This post was last modified: 09-04-2006, 04:12 AM by Kenji.
Mike   09-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Kenji Wrote:I like "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"! That's the best Python's movie.

LOL I love silly walks too!!! Big Grin

But I still don't understand John Cleese saying, "Now the Japanese have a man who can bend his leg back over his head and back again with every single step."

What's that meaning? :confused:

Sounds like a physically impossible act! John Cleese was most likely spoofing east-west competitiveness by citing that the Japanese have a man that can do something even sillier than anything our men can do, and if the west wants to catch up in silliness they're going to have to try harder.Smile
Dave F   09-04-2006, 06:17 PM
When i was younger i loved Holy Grail

As i got older I prefered the more subtle humour of Life of Brian, i really love this movie.

I just found this on the web: http://grail.sdsc.edu/main_pages/montypython/script.txt

If you like Holy Grail give it a try

Incidentally my Aunt was in two early episodes of Monty Python on the telly - can't remember it myself but my dad tells me she was running round a field naked with a load of other extras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The artist formally known as Britfan
Sigokat   09-05-2006, 04:11 AM
Holy Grail and The Meaning of Life are my favorites.

I have this CD that one of my old college roommates left behind when he moved out of a whole bunch of Monty Python skits. Its hilarious!! I love the cheese shop, Eric the Bee, and the Arguement skits the best. Oh and of course the Parrot sketch. Friggin great!!

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Kenji   09-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Mike Wrote:Sounds like a physically impossible act! John Cleese was most likely spoofing east-west competitiveness by citing that the Japanese have a man that can do something even sillier than anything our men can do, and if the west wants to catch up in silliness they're going to have to try harder.Smile

East-west competitiveness? LOL I didn't know that!

But I've never seen the Japanese who can bend his leg back over his head and back again with every single step. Maybe John Cleese saw Chinese acrobat team. Big Grin
Pages (3): 1 2 3