Pages (2): 1 2   
eddieo396   09-01-2006, 09:53 PM
hi im reading conspiracies and on page 189-191 gia and jack are conversing about proof of their battle with the rakoshi. they both say the ONLY proof they have is the scar on jack. Didnt he save pieces of the talon from the battle with the rakoshi in the TOMB. i also remember jack saying he wanted to keep the pieces as proof of the creatures. can a member of the forum clarify this or this a blooper in the plot.
jimbow8   09-01-2006, 10:39 PM
eddieo396 Wrote:hi im reading conspiracies and on page 189-191 gia and jack are conversing about proof of their battle with the rakoshi. they both say the ONLY proof they have is the scar on jack. Didnt he save pieces of the talon from the battle with the rakoshi in the TOMB. i also remember jack saying he wanted to keep the pieces as proof of the creatures. can a member of the forum clarify this or this a blooper in the plot.
Damn! I just read it and I can't remember. Sorry.

I did find a discrepancy in All The Rage, though. TOR paperback page 135 says that Nadia's mother is 70years old; page 163 says that she is 62 years old.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
KRW   09-01-2006, 11:07 PM
eddieo396 Wrote:hi im reading conspiracies and on page 189-191 gia and jack are conversing about proof of their battle with the rakoshi. they both say the ONLY proof they have is the scar on jack. Didnt he save pieces of the talon from the battle with the rakoshi in the TOMB. i also remember jack saying he wanted to keep the pieces as proof of the creatures. can a member of the forum clarify this or this a blooper in the plot.

SPOILERS..............................

You're right. After Jack killed the mother Rakosh in "The Tomb", when he left his building he checked out the alley she fell into. All he found for remains were the talons from her. He also showed them to Abe to try and make him believe. (He was still skeptical about it until he saw scar lip, but before that he was doubting his friend. A crazy RJ in New York is not a pretty picture.) And your right, he should have kept them. (He had a relic from Gateways) Where did they go?????????
Ken Valentine   09-02-2006, 12:49 AM
KRW Wrote:SPOILERS..............................

You're right. After Jack killed the mother Rakosh in "The Tomb", when he left his building he checked out the alley she fell into. All he found for remains were the talons from her. He also showed them to Abe to try and make him believe. (He was still skeptical about it until he saw scar lip, but before that he was doubting his friend. A crazy RJ in New York is not a pretty picture.) And your right, he should have kept them. (He had a relic from Gateways) Where did they go?????????

He handed them to Abe and Gia while they were driving. Has anybody looked under the seat of Abe's van?

Ken V.
Mark S.   09-02-2006, 01:27 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I did find a discrepancy in All The Rage, though. TOR paperback page 135 says that Nadia's mother is 70years old; page 163 says that she is 62 years old.

My copy of The Rage is an older edition that I picked up in a used bookstore last summer. My favorite error:

It has the famous review quote by Stephen King on the cover --- and his name is spelled wrong. Big Grin I wonder if that marketing executive is still in the basement.
jimbow8   09-02-2006, 01:49 AM
Mark S. Wrote:My copy of The Rage is an older edition that I picked up in a used bookstore last summer. My favorite error:

It has the famous review quote by Stephen King on the cover --- and his name is spelled wrong. Big Grin I wonder if that marketing executive is still in the basement.
LOL! Mine has that, too, on the back cover. I never noticed before.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
acfrogg   09-02-2006, 06:45 AM
Hmmm, I did notice that too, I just wrote it off that they dropped the talons needing no more reminder of their encounter.
eddieo396   09-02-2006, 08:45 AM
what a shame those pieces were lost someone could have done dna anaylsis. ha ha ha
ps of course like someone inferred they could have been lost or stolen in between books.
jimbow8   09-02-2006, 11:11 AM
eddieo396 Wrote:what a shame those pieces were lost someone could have done dna anaylsis. ha ha ha
ps of course like someone inferred they could have been lost or stolen in between books.
*SPOILER*

The blood analysis led to Loki. I hate to think what the DNA analysis would lead to. :eek:

XamberB   09-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:He handed them to Abe and Gia while they were driving. Has anybody looked under the seat of Abe's van?

Ken V.
You're right, Ken. Jack will probably remember where they are should they ever be needed. Wink

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
Pages (2): 1 2