Pages (2): 1 2   
acfrogg   08-30-2006, 07:22 AM
After reading about the Advesary series, I'm curious why Conspiracies is not part of it? Isn't this where we first learn about the Otherness and meet Rasalom? Just curious...
jimbow8   08-30-2006, 09:36 AM
acfrogg Wrote:After reading about the Advesary series, I'm curious why Conspiracies is not part of it? Isn't this where we first learn about the Otherness and meet Rasalom? Just curious...
It IS, indirectly. The entire Repairman Jack series is a kind of "subseries" of the Adversary cycle.

Welcome to the board.

Jim

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Tony H   08-30-2006, 09:37 AM
acfrogg Wrote:After reading about the Advesary series, I'm curious why Conspiracies is not part of it? Isn't this where we first learn about the Otherness and meet Rasalom? Just curious...

Welcome to the board! You have much to learn young padewan! Rasalom and the Otherness was introduced in The Keep before Jack entered the picture in The Tomb.

The Keep, The Tomb, The Touch, Reborn, Reprisal and Nightworld are all a part of the Adversary. Jack was such a popular character that Paul brought him back to fill in his adventures between The Tomb and Nightworld. If you've read Nightworld then you know how this whole sordid tale will end, but getting there is half the fun!

So far none of the Jack books aside from the Tomb have been included in the Adversary Cycle...who knows if they will eventually be incorporated but they do lead to the grand finale.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
webby   08-30-2006, 10:56 AM
Also, keep in mind that the original version of Nightworld was published in 1992, completing the AC at that time. Legacies, the first RJ sub-series book wasn't published until 1998.

Just think of the RJ series as a "spin-off" and the whole thing works. Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scott Miller   08-30-2006, 11:07 AM

Welcome Mr. Frogg. I'm curious as to what part of CO you're from?

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
acfrogg   08-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Makes sense why it's not included then. I have been confused about how The Tomb could be part and not Conspiracies, since it wasn't written then it definately makes sense:p
Thanks for the welcomes everyone. It's actually Ms.FroggWink I'm in Greeley. My brother lives down in Denver, what part are you in?
cobalt   08-30-2006, 10:05 PM
acfrogg Wrote:Makes sense why it's not included then. I have been confused about how The Tomb could be part and not Conspiracies, since it wasn't written then it definately makes sense:p
Thanks for the welcomes everyone. It's actually Ms.FroggWink I'm in Greeley. My brother lives down in Denver, what part are you in?
Cute froggie on your site, but he looks a little stressed.

EWMAN
acfrogg   08-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Ha! Thank you, I prefer the term jubilant for the frogWink Big Grin
webby   08-30-2006, 10:24 PM
acfrogg Wrote:Ha! Thank you, I prefer the term jubilant for the frogWink Big Grin

I like your site too - all it's missing is a page devoted to FPW. Smile A quick look-see there makes me think you'll fit right in here! Hope you visit & post often.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
acfrogg   08-30-2006, 11:44 PM
I'm still a toddler in the FPW world. But as I read I can see a page being added. I don't like posting reviews until I know more about the author and their writings. Koontz, I can answer most questions that come to me. FPW, I still have questions of my ownWink Thanks for the input on my site you all, I can see that I'll be sticking around for awhile!
Pages (2): 1 2