Pages (2):    1 2
Paige   09-01-2006, 02:16 PM
I've been waiting for this show forever, eversince I've heard it was in production. Staring Adrian Pasdar ("Profit" The best anti-hero I've ever seen/read) My goodness. Adrian's voice hypnotises me.

"Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal."
Death Talks About Life Neil Gaiman
Dave F   09-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Looks interesting - I hope one of the UK networks picks it up

Anyone read the Wild Cards novels

A series of super hero stories with a difference, if interested in super hero stroes away from tradtional comics give them a try

Also if you enjoy super hero stuff you could try City of Heroes - online MMORG. Great fun for a while. You can play spandex clad hero, or a gritty Heroes kind of character with the huge aray of character creation options

Unfortunately they seperate Euro & US servers so I won't see many of you on there!!!!

The artist formally known as Britfan
The Mad American   09-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Britfan Wrote:Looks interesting - I hope one of the UK networks picks it up

Anyone read the Wild Cards novels

A series of super hero stories with a difference, if interested in super hero stroes away from tradtional comics give them a try

Also if you enjoy super hero stuff you could try City of Heroes - online MMORG. Great fun for a while. You can play spandex clad hero, or a gritty Heroes kind of character with the huge aray of character creation options

Unfortunately they seperate Euro & US servers so I won't see many of you on there!!!!

You can get around the seperation of US and Euro servers in MMORPG's if you want. I have a friend in the UK I play a couple of other MMORPG's with and we just had to get her a key code from a US bought copy of the game and that worked. We later just sent the game to her so she could keep up on all the updates. That way she could keep playing with all the people she wanted to rather then being seperated.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Jay #1   09-06-2006, 03:28 PM
*snort* if it were real life, I'd be rolling around on the floor laughing. Costumes are for the fantasy. At least Mutant X did a good job of making the characters look normal.

Mark S. Wrote:But really, if I woke up tomorrow and found my skin was unbreakable, that I had super strength, that I could fly or see through walls, my first instinct would not be to don tights and a cape. That still kinda works in comic books, but if you are translating a story from comics to film, you need to make some wise decisions on how that is going to translate.
Dave F   09-06-2006, 07:08 PM
The Mad American Wrote:You can get around the seperation of US and Euro servers in MMORPG's if you want. I have a friend in the UK I play a couple of other MMORPG's with and we just had to get her a key code from a US bought copy of the game and that worked. We later just sent the game to her so she could keep up on all the updates. That way she could keep playing with all the people she wanted to rather then being seperated.

EQ is fine that is mixed servers - most of my online pals are US on there

Spend most of my time on EQ now - COH taken a back seat

Mark S.   09-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Britfan Wrote:Looks interesting - I hope one of the UK networks picks it up

If not, I suspect it'll be on iTunes. Which UK network tends to pick up the big USA network shows?

Britfan Wrote:Anyone read the Wild Cards novels

Not yet, but they are on my Need To Read List. I really like a lot of Martin's other fiction, so I ought to give these a try.
Dave F   09-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Sky or Channel 4 pick up most

Lost & supernatural were picked up by terestrial TV

CSI, 24 & others too numerous to mention are on Sky (satelite)

We don't have much cable TV here, the cable suppliers just tend to show same as Sky

Is supernatural due a second series - loved the first series ????????????????????

Mark S.   09-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Britfan Wrote:Is supernatural due a second series - loved the first series ????????????????????

I've been seeing ads for it, so yes, season 2 premieres soon.

I watched the first episode. The first two minutes were awesome. After that, it lost me.
saynomore   09-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Mark S. Wrote:If not, I suspect it'll be on iTunes. Which UK network tends to pick up the big USA network shows?

Not yet, but they are on my Need To Read List. I really like a lot of Martin's other fiction, so I ought to give these a try.

iTunes owners can download the first episode now with a card that is being given away at Regal Cinema. Nice 3-D card at that. Nice collectible, I might add.

AC
Pages (2):    1 2