Kenji   08-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Today I saw "Hard Candy".

Hayley's a smart, charming teenage girl. She's hooking up in a coffee shop with Jeff, a guy she's met on the Internet. And even though he's a cute, smooth high-end fashion photographer in his early 30s, Hayley shouldn't be suggesting that the two of them go back to his house, alone. When they get there, Hayley quickly finds some vodka and starts mixing screwdrivers. She even suggests a photo shoot and strips off some clothing. Everything is going well for Jeff, until his vision blurs and fades, and he passes out.

It turns out Hayley has spiked Jeff's screwdriver, and when he revives, he's tied down with Hayley searching through his place. She doesn't think it'll take too long to get a confession that she's not the first teenage girl Jeff's brought home and, more importantly, that her prisoner knows what happened to Donna Mauer, another girl who disappeared from Jeff's favorite coffee shop. And if he's unwilling to confess, she has another plan
......Okay, I should stop spoiler in here.

This movie, "Hard Candy" was very disgusting and horrible and disturbed me! That's a nightmare for all men! I'm sure everybody saw King's "Misery". Annie Wilks was a horrible character. Hayley is teen girl version Annie Wilks! :eek:
Mike   08-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Kenji Wrote:Today I saw "Hard Candy".

Hayley's a smart, charming teenage girl. She's hooking up in a coffee shop with Jeff, a guy she's met on the Internet. And even though he's a cute, smooth high-end fashion photographer in his early 30s, Hayley shouldn't be suggesting that the two of them go back to his house, alone. When they get there, Hayley quickly finds some vodka and starts mixing screwdrivers. She even suggests a photo shoot and strips off some clothing. Everything is going well for Jeff, until his vision blurs and fades, and he passes out.

It turns out Hayley has spiked Jeff's screwdriver, and when he revives, he's tied down with Hayley searching through his place. She doesn't think it'll take too long to get a confession that she's not the first teenage girl Jeff's brought home and, more importantly, that her prisoner knows what happened to Donna Mauer, another girl who disappeared from Jeff's favorite coffee shop. And if he's unwilling to confess, she has another plan
......Okay, I should stop spoiler in here.

This movie, "Hard Candy" was very disgusting and horrible and disturbed me! That's a nightmare for all men! I'm sure everybody saw King's "Misery". Annie Wilks was a horrible character. Hayley is teen girl version Annie Wilks! :eek:

I guess you just don't appreciate a good chick flick. I recommend you don't watch "I Spit on Your Grave", either.
Kenji   08-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Mike Wrote:I guess you just don't appreciate a good chick flick. I recommend you don't watch "I Spit on Your Grave", either.

"Hard Candy" is not a good chick flick. She's "bad" chick.Big Grin

I've never seen "I Spit on Your Grave"....Is it a terrible movie?
Medusa   08-14-2006, 08:57 PM
Kenji Wrote:"Hard Candy" is not a good chick flick. She's "bad" chick.Big Grin

I never saw it but I've heard its really bad.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077713/
cobalt   08-14-2006, 09:40 PM
I looked at that trailer, but only for a few moments...............looks BAD.

EWMAN
Kenji   08-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Medusa Wrote:I never saw it but I've heard its really bad.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077713/

I read plot about "I Spit on Your Grave". Jennifer is victim. But Haylay(in Hard Candy) is not victim. She trapped Jeff. And, her trap was very dangerous.
Kenji   08-14-2006, 09:53 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:I looked at that trailer, but only for a few moments...............looks BAD.

Yep, looks bad.......typical '70s movie. I like '70s movies. But some of them are like this movie.Rolleyes
Mike   08-15-2006, 11:10 AM
Kenji Wrote:"Hard Candy" is not a good chick flick. She's "bad" chick.Big Grin

Despite the fact that there are no known actors in it, it was well done for what it was - a revenge flick. Revenge flicks became popular in the '70's and remain so to this day. Death Wish with Charles Bronson is a prime example of this. BTW I am only kidding when I refer to Hard Candy as a chick flick. It seems to me, though, that there are women who like to watch movies where men are emasculated in various ways.
Kenji   08-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Mike Wrote:Despite the fact that there are no known actors in it, it was well done for what it was - a revenge flick. Revenge flicks became popular in the '70's and remain so to this day. Death Wish with Charles Bronson is a prime example of this. BTW I am only kidding when I refer to Hard Candy as a chick flick. It seems to me, though, that there are women who like to watch movies where men are emasculated in various ways.

I knew your kidding.Big Grin Even if women who like to watch movies where men are emasculated, while they are seeing "Hard Candy", they'll say "Oh no! Stop it! Stop it!! Oooh, what a poor guy! Sad "
Mike   08-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Kenji Wrote:I knew your kidding.Big Grin Even if women who like to watch movies where men are emasculated, while they are seeing "Hard Candy", they'll say "Oh no! Stop it! Stop it!! Oooh, what a poor guy! Sad "

I know some women who would probably cheer Hailey on and try to yell advice to her. We're a little more jaded here (at least some of us are).