Pages (2): 1 2   
crimsonking   06-20-2004, 11:10 PM
Anyone watch part one? That was really good. I love the book and am glad that they didn't drop the ball on this one. The scene at the window was sweet, just like I pictured it in the book. About time something about vampires on tv or the big screen that is actually scary.
Hung By The Neck Til Dead   06-21-2004, 04:27 AM
crimsonking Wrote:Anyone watch part one? That was really good. I love the book and am glad that they didn't drop the ball on this one. The scene at the window was sweet, just like I pictured it in the book. About time something about vampires on tv or the big screen that is actually scary.

Sad :mad: My lady wanted to watch the Forensic Files marathon instead so I missed it, I hope they have a encore presentation later this week so I can see it then.
Kenji   06-21-2004, 07:39 AM
Salem's Lot? A new series....? I saw old version. That was AWFUL! Sad

Stephen King's TV mini-series had good one and bad one. The Stand is best. Worst is Golden years. "IT" is so-so, The Langoliers is wonderful, The Tommyknockers is bore, Storm of the Century is scary...Anyway, I wanna see new version of Salem's Lot. Maybe one year later, it will release by DVD. Smile
Noelie   06-21-2004, 01:15 PM
Yep, I watched it and loved it. I can't wait for part 2 tonight, because the second half of the book was much scarier than the first.

I also loved the old miniseries though.
Marc   06-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Salem's Lot? A new series....? I saw old version. That was AWFUL! Sad

There is a new series here in the states based on Samem's Lot. It's supposed to be pretty good. They are also just starting the second season of The Dead Zone, another King book.
Kenji   06-23-2004, 08:26 AM
Marc B. Wrote:There is a new series here in the states based on Samem's Lot. It's supposed to be pretty good. They are also just starting the second season of The Dead Zone, another King book.

What? Second season of The Dead Zone? TV series? I've never heard before! I saw movie version. Christopher Walken was REAL John Smith. Oh....that was good movie. So, who is TV version John Smith?
jimbow8   06-23-2004, 09:47 AM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:What? Second season of The Dead Zone? TV series? I've never heard before! I saw movie version. Christopher Walken was REAL John Smith. Oh....that was good movie. So, who is TV version John Smith?
Anthony Michael Hall. I saw the first couple episodes before I dropped cable. It seemed pretty good. It even gets good critical reviews.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
remylass   06-23-2004, 10:58 AM
I've only seen a couple of eps, too, but people seem to absolutely love the show.
ALowerDeep   06-23-2004, 11:07 AM
I caught the first part of Salems Lot but i missed the second. I gotta say i dont like the way it turned out so far. I know i am just being picky but i figure why make the damn thing if you aren't going to do it right. One Matt Burke is black and younger and gay none of which if i remember correctly he was in the book. Two Mike Ryerson was older in the book as was Flloyd and neither of them knew Dud. Three Eva Miller never knew Hubie Marsten or wrote any letters to Barlowe.
Four which is a abomination is Jimmy Cody never slept with Sandy and was never blackmailed. Jimmy Cody was supposed to be a good guy not a scum bag. I do like Donald Sutherland as Straker even though he doesnt really look like how the chracter was described but the rest of the show didnt do anythin for me nothing was like it was in the book they changed it all and updated it. I dont agree with it iut should be made in the exact way it was written. I think the original came cxxloser to caprturing the REAL Salems lot.

A LOWER DEEP
Matthew Smith   06-23-2004, 02:21 PM
I'm with ALowerDeep. I was really excited when I heard they were re-doing this, but the final result left me a little cold. I can usually see past changes to the source material in order to make it work better as a film or tv show, but many of these changes felt a little random.

--Matthew
Pages (2): 1 2