Kenji   08-06-2006, 07:28 AM
I think this is rip-off from The Keep....

This is Japanese comics. The title is "Noroi no Kuro Juji (Curse's Black Crucifix)". The story is almost same as "The Keep"

http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/guest/cg...9972101924

【内容紹介】
我ヲ解キ放テ……
怪奇サスペンス
教会の地下室に閉じ込められた悪魔。数百年の時を経て、その封印が解かれたとき、悪魔の復讐劇が始まった!

「黒の十字架にふれてはいけない!」。そう言い残して神父だった父は死んだ。だがアデルにはその意味がわからない。
ある日、夜中に叫び声がして目覚めたアデルは、教会の地下室で友人ジェフリーの惨殺死体を見つける。なぜジェフリーが地下室に?父の残した言葉と何か関係があるのか。謎が深まる一方で残酷な殺人事件がつぎつぎと起こっていく。すべては、折れた十字架の立つ、この古い教会を舞台にして

Translation

【STORY】
Release me.....
Horror suspense
The demon was confined in basement of church. After a few hundred years, when the secret was broken, the demon's reprisal has begun!

"DO NOT TOUCH BLACK CRUCIFIX!". The priest said and died. But Adel didn't know that meaning.
One night, Adel woke up because she heard scream in the midnight, then she found out her friend Jeffery's corpse in basement of church. Why was Jeffery in basement? Is this something concerned with father's last words? One after another, cruel murders happen. Because church had broken crucifix.

See? This must be ripoff! :mad:
Barry Lee Dejasu   08-06-2006, 07:47 AM
Wow...that's pretty darn similar, alright. I'm sure you've seen my grumbling post about the new novel called The Keep that just came out here. What IS this, a conspiracy of Keep ripoffs?

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Kenji   08-06-2006, 08:03 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:Wow...that's pretty darn similar, alright. I'm sure you've seen my grumbling post about the new novel called The Keep that just came out here. What IS this, a conspiracy of Keep ripoffs?

Yes, Barry. I read your grumbling post.Big Grin

I think we can find a lot of rip-off stuff more.Rolleyes