Tony H   08-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Caught an airing of this on cable last night and I was hypnotized. What an excellent flick. Angela Lansbury was phenomenal as was Frank Sinatra. It kept me rivited even though I already knew how it was going to end.

This movie was simply awesome and I enjoyed it much better than the Denzel Washington remake.

Has anyone else seen this version?

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Marc   08-02-2006, 02:32 PM
I watched it before watching Denzel's version. I, too, found it much more enthralling. I think the original story was much more grounded with the history of the day then what they did in the remake. The original is by far the better film.
Maggers   08-02-2006, 02:41 PM
lLoved it. Saw it years ago and then again recently. So much better than the remake with Denzel. Is there a more evil queen than Angela when she wants to bad....very bad...

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Terry Willacker   08-02-2006, 03:14 PM
I totally agree. The original is a very exciting, suspenseful film.
Scott Hajek   08-02-2006, 03:36 PM
I checked out the original and the remake about two weeks apart. The original is a great movie. The remake? One that should never have been made. Not bad, buy why remake a classic? "Psycho" anyone?

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Keith the Elder   08-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Saw the original in the early 70's on a rare TV broadcast. Hadn't seen it for years after byt rented it prior to the Denzel. No comparison.

And Henry Silva, one of the best actors ever. When I first read The Tomb, he was what i envisioned for Kusum.

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Kenji   08-03-2006, 09:48 AM
I saw original on DVD, after I saw Denzel Washington's version.

I like both versions, but I prefer original. Meryl Streep couldn't defeat Angela Lansbury.

Frank Sinatra was awesome. I also like his other good suspense film, "Suddenly".
Sigokat   08-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:I checked out the original and the remake about two weeks apart. The original is a great movie. The remake? One that should never have been made. Not bad, buy why remake a classic? "Psycho" anyone?

Psycho is my all time favorite Hitchcock movie. I adamantly refuse to watch the remake.

As Mozart said in Amadues "I cannot change what is already perfect."

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Kenji   08-13-2006, 02:21 AM
sigokat Wrote:Psycho is my all time favorite Hitchcock movie. I adamantly refuse to watch the remake.

As Mozart said in Amadues "I cannot change what is already perfect."

Totally I agree. I hate remake version "Psycho"! :mad:
Mike Hanson   08-13-2006, 09:46 AM
AsMoral Wrote:Caught an airing of this on cable last night and I was hypnotized. What an excellent flick. Angela Lansbury was phenomenal as was Frank Sinatra. It kept me rivited even though I already knew how it was going to end. This movie was simply awesome and I enjoyed it much better than the Denzel Washington remake. Has anyone else seen this version?

I never saw the remake. I was very lucky to be able to see this on the big
screen, at the Landmark Theatre (a restored movie palace in Syracuse, NY)
back in the late 1980's when the film was re-released after having been
canned/archived/stored after the Kennedy assasination. The star of
Murder She Wrote middle-aged instead of elderly, seeing Frank lean
and mean and ready to chop-socky Chuck Norris...it was great!