Pages (2):    1 2
Auskar   02-09-2007, 04:47 PM
the Oracle Wrote:Great movie... True or not.
I meant my comment as mostly humorous. Forgot to put in the smiley, though.Big Grin
KRW   02-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Auskar Wrote:I meant my comment as mostly humorous. Forgot to put in the smiley, though.Big Grin
We couldn't see you shrug....Big Grin
KRW   02-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Auskar Wrote:I meant my comment as mostly humorous. Forgot to put in the smiley, though.Big Grin
We couldn't see your body language....Big Grin
Weatherford   02-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Weatherford Wrote:I loved the movie, The World's Fastest Indian. Anthony Hopkins is incredible as New Zealander, Bert Munroe, who gets to the Salt Flats of Nevada (or is it Utah?) to challenge the world's land speed record. Not a fancy/fast paced/ etc type movie - just a good one - or at least for me.

If you like motorcycles and a good true story (with Hollywood touches, of course!), then rent it. Hopkins gets the accent AND the gestures absolutely spot on!

By the way, Munroe's record, set in 1967, for under 1,000cc bikes STILL STANDS!!

Someone (perhaps my brother, who has collects and restores motorcycles) said that several of Munroe's records still stand - not JUST one!!

Amazing!
ccosborne3   02-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Kenji Wrote:Okay, I correct my words.

Actually, I didn't know this was BASED on a true story.

Anyway, "The World's Fastest Indian" isn't about age, but part of its message is it's never too late to pursue your dreams, or something like that. Actually, in the movie, Burt says it better: "I may have wrinkles on my face, but inside I'm 18 years old." And the sight of Anthony Hopkins tearing through the desert, gritting his teeth in the wind with nothing but faulty goggles and a tiny, ratty old helmet for protection will make you believe it, too.

This is best movie in 2007 so far to me. It was better than The Departed. Smile

Kenji, your English is really getting good! There is nothing in this post that would make me think that you were anything other than an English speaking American.

Very Cool. Smile
Kenji   02-16-2007, 08:14 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Kenji, your English is really getting good! There is nothing in this post that would make me think that you were anything other than an English speaking American.

Very Cool. Smile

Thanks, ccosborne3. I'm always doing my best. Wink
Pages (2):    1 2