Pages (2): 1 2   
Weatherford   07-29-2006, 09:00 PM
I loved the movie, The World's Fastest Indian. Anthony Hopkins is incredible as New Zealander, Bert Munroe, who gets to the Salt Flats of Nevada (or is it Utah?) to challenge the world's land speed record. Not a fancy/fast paced/ etc type movie - just a good one - or at least for me.

If you like motorcycles and a good true story (with Hollywood touches, of course!), then rent it. Hopkins gets the accent AND the gestures absolutely spot on!

By the way, Munroe's record, set in 1967, for under 1,000cc bikes STILL STANDS!!
Ken Valentine   07-30-2006, 04:37 AM
Weatherford Wrote:I loved the movie, The World's Fastest Indian. Anthony Hopkins is incredible as New Zealander, Bert Munroe, who gets to the Salt Flats of Nevada (or is it Utah?) to challenge the world's land speed record. Not a fancy/fast paced/ etc type movie - just a good one - or at least for me.

Bonneville Salt Flats State Park is about 20 miles east of the Utah/Nevada border, and lies to the southwest of Utah's Great Salt Lake. Salt Lake City is sited on the southeast of The Great Salt Lake. A lot of racers stay at Wendover, Utah, or West Wendover, Nevada. So I understand how there can be some doubt.

Sounds like an interesting movie. I'll look for it.

Thanks.

Ken V.
Jamo   07-30-2006, 07:29 AM
Never heard of it. Probably in 6 month in Germany Big Grin
or is it older?

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
IanSF   07-30-2006, 09:28 AM
Just picked this one up on DVD and I'm waiting for a free evening to watch it.
(That and few others too. So many films and so little time.)
Jamo   07-31-2006, 07:09 AM
oh yes...there are so many good movies in Cinema right now, I can't watch them all...

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
Flinx   08-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Wanted to see it at the cinema, but didn't get the chance so waiting for the DVD.
Kenji   02-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Today, I saw The World's Fastest Indian in a theatre.

Actually, I didn't know this was a true story. I've never heard about Bert Munroe. I enjoyed this movie a lot. The last scene that break the record was thrilling. Well, anyway......I realized one thing. Anthony Hopkins is really really great actor. I couldn't believe he played Hannibal Lector. Hannibal is a killer, and Munroe is racer! What's the next? A super hero? Musical star? I'm sure he can do anything! Big Grin
Auskar   02-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Kenji Wrote:Today, I saw The World's Fastest Indian in a theatre. Actually, I didn't know this was a true story.
There are NO true stories in Hollywood movies. There ARE some movies that are BASED on true stories. There is a difference.
Kenji   02-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Auskar Wrote:There are NO true stories in Hollywood movies. There ARE some movies that are BASED on true stories. There is a difference.

Okay, I correct my words.

Actually, I didn't know this was BASED on a true story.

Anyway, "The World's Fastest Indian" isn't about age, but part of its message is it's never too late to pursue your dreams, or something like that. Actually, in the movie, Burt says it better: "I may have wrinkles on my face, but inside I'm 18 years old." And the sight of Anthony Hopkins tearing through the desert, gritting his teeth in the wind with nothing but faulty goggles and a tiny, ratty old helmet for protection will make you believe it, too.

This is best movie in 2007 so far to me. It was better than The Departed. Smile
the Oracle   02-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Great movie... True or not.

Author of "Survivor" - http://www.vaughnripley.com

"Adventure is worthwile in itself."
—Amelia Earhart
Pages (2): 1 2