Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
Hung By The Neck Til Dead   05-31-2004, 01:08 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I have a tee shirt with that on it. A picture of a man with a high powered rifle, and the caption, "When all else fails, vote from the roof tops." Big Grin

Ken V.

How can I get one of those? Big Grin
Ken Valentine   05-31-2004, 06:26 AM
Hung By The Neck Til Dead Wrote:How can I get one of those? Big Grin

I got it from cafepress.com, unfortunately, I've lost the exact link.

I've got another one coming which shows an original photo of Geronimo and a number of other Apache's with their rifles, and is captioned, "Homeland Security since 1492!" Big Grin

Ken V.
webby   02-23-2007, 09:49 PM
(Marc B.'s post from 3/18/2004)
Marc B. Wrote:Change of topic a bit (and I apologize if I brought this up on the old forum or at the GU but I just can't remember), but has anyone noticed the similarities between T5H and The Celestine Prophecy? Both books have a character dying of some medical illness and discovering levels of awareness. As interesting a book TCP is the author is pretty bad when it comes to actually writing (okay... he stinks) but it kept creeping into the back of my mind while reading T5H. Has anyone else read TCP? And if so is there a similarity or am I just losing my mind?

I was just, um ... ok, I was lurking for a couple of minutes and checking out what other people were viewing and somebody was reading this thread so I was curious.

I just read The Fifth Harmonic this week and really loved it. I had to reply to Marc's comment because that is exactly what I was thinking after I finished T5H.

It's been a lot of years since I read The Celestine Phrophecy so I don't remember it vividly; just that it was similar subject matter to T5H. I remember thinking it was interesting, but a little heavy-handed and preachy by the end.

T5H, however, was a really good STORY that gets you thinking about things maybe a little differently than you had before. Now THAT'S what I call good writing!

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-23-2007, 10:04 PM
webby Wrote:(Marc B.'s post from 3/18/2004)

I was just, um ... ok, I was lurking for a couple of minutes and checking out what other people were viewing and somebody was reading this thread so I was curious.

I just read The Fifth Harmonic this week and really loved it. I had to reply to Marc's comment because that is exactly what I was thinking after I finished T5H.

It's been a lot of years since I read The Celestine Phrophecy so I don't remember it vividly; just that it was similar subject matter to T5H. I remember thinking it was interesting, but a little heavy-handed and preachy by the end.

T5H, however, was a really good STORY that gets you thinking about things maybe a little differently than you had before. Now THAT'S what I call good writing!

Paul thinks THE BLACK WIND is his finest. No contradiction there, but I hafta put 5H =right= up there with it.
KRW   02-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Paul thinks THE BLACK WIND is his finest. No contradiction there, but I hafta put 5H =right= up there with it.

With "Sibs"(aka Sister Night), "Sims", "Deep AsThe Marrow", "Healer", "Enemy Of The State", "Midnight Mass", "Virgin" etc.etc......................
Lisa   02-23-2007, 10:29 PM
I agree with Bluesman, T5H is as good as Black Wind in its own way. Definitely one of my faves that I should reread soon.

Lisa
Dave F   02-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Currently bidding for T5H on e-bay UK

So don't anybody be bidding against me! Wink

The artist formally known as Britfan
Kenji   08-30-2007, 05:36 PM
[SIZE="5"]!!!SPOILER!!![/SIZE]

Last night, 12:00am, I finished reading THE 5TH HARMONIC. Apparently it was a little bit different from FPW's other novels, but I liked it. What a exciting adventure! And story was very touching. It really opened my third eye.

Last sequences reminded me of Fantastic Voyage....well, they were almost Fantastic Voyage! Big Grin
Kenji   08-31-2007, 07:22 AM
Susan Wrote:Oh no, don't say that, Paul!! I would hate for you not to write excellent books because publishers are small-minded.

But at least you could read T5H in your language. Any of Japanese publishers haven't released Japanese edition yet. I dunno why....So I read it in English.

Susan Wrote:I suppose that's why some authors write under different names. I would much rather see you do that than not publish books like The Fifth Harmonic.

My hope is that the RJ film will become a big blockbuster hit and fans will seek out ALL your books.

Susan

I agree! Cool
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5