Pages (2): 1 2   
Shocklines.com   07-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Hey gang, sorry I've been absent. A quick note:

Paul has done the inscriptions for Nightworld -- all will ship out by this Saturday. Thank you for your patience.

We got shorted on our shipment of the Keep Graphic Novel TPB and are waiting for more copies to come in next week, so we won't have signed copies of these for about 2 weeks. I greatly apologize about the delay on these. (If anyone wants to cancel their preorder, just drop me a line at spinmatt@aol.com). Sometimes book distributors have a harder time getting copies of graphic novels. But we will have copies shortly and get them out to everyone. Thanks again to everyone for their patience.
luthie2   07-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Woo-hoo!! Got my copy in the mail! I was thrilled to see that the book had two FPW signatures - one on the limited edition page, and one on the dedication page. Nice!

Despite FPW's warning about not reading Nightworld yet, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that I won't have the willpower to wait until the the last RJ book comes out to read this (it hurt to type that - *bawl*). The only question is whether I'll have the discipline to finish the current book that I'm reading first. Big Grin

I probably shouldn't say this, but I was thumbing through the book, looking to see if certain things jumped out at me - and was thrilled to see that at least two charcters from the post-Tomb Jack books have been added to Nightworld. Very cool!!

-Susan
cobalt   07-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Uh, guys.................I.....caved.............ordered Nightworld from Shocklines.......cobalt was never good at denial.............Wink

EWMAN
Ken Valentine   07-30-2006, 04:17 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:Uh, guys.................I.....caved.............ordered Nightworld from Shocklines.......cobalt was never good at denial.............Wink

Always give in to temptation. You never know when you may get another chance.

Ken V.
cobalt   08-04-2006, 05:19 PM
I received #223 of Nightworld from Shocklines yesterday. Can bad cobalt WAIT to read it............or will she be good.......nah...bad cobalt wins every time!

Time to go home.............talk with you guys tonight!

EWMAN
Biggles   08-04-2006, 07:28 PM
luthie2 Wrote:Woo-hoo!! Got my copy in the mail! I was thrilled to see that the book had two FPW signatures - one on the limited edition page, and one on the dedication page. Nice!

Despite FPW's warning about not reading Nightworld yet, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that I won't have the willpower to wait until the the last RJ book comes out to read this (it hurt to type that - *bawl*). The only question is whether I'll have the discipline to finish the current book that I'm reading first. Big Grin

I probably shouldn't say this, but I was thumbing through the book, looking to see if certain things jumped out at me - and was thrilled to see that at least two charcters from the post-Tomb Jack books have been added to Nightworld. Very cool!!

-Susan

I got it and started reading it from the last page backwards. Wink

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
webby   08-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Well, whenever all of you finish reading it (backward, forward, or whatever) we need to start a post-revised Nightworld thread! I've been keeping it bottled up too long! Big Grin

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cobalt   08-04-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm reading as fast as I can. Must go now......Stargate is on and I read during commercials......drives hubby nuts!! Big Grin

EWMAN
luthie2   08-05-2006, 03:02 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:I'm reading as fast as I can. Must go now......Stargate is on and I read during commercials......drives hubby nuts!! Big Grin

After posting there's no way I could resist, this really cramps my style, but I decided to take FPW's advice and not read the new Nightworld until after the adult Jack books are done. I read up to the end of Jack's first appearance and realized that it was VERY different than his first appearance in the original Nightworld. Just in those few pages I'd already learned some things that I wouldn't have known until future Jack books. That's when I decided that I would not ruin any future Jack surprises and wait and read the new book in it's proper sequence.

At least that's my view this week. It's tough knowing that there's an unread FPW book sitting on my bookshelves, though - especially a new version of one of my favorites!!!

-Luthie
webby   08-05-2006, 07:46 PM
luthie2 Wrote:After posting there's no way I could resist, this really cramps my style, but I decided to take FPW's advice and not read the new Nightworld until after the adult Jack books are done. I read up to the end of Jack's first appearance and realized that it was VERY different than his first appearance in the original Nightworld. Just in those few pages I'd already learned some things that I wouldn't have known until future Jack books. That's when I decided that I would not ruin any future Jack surprises and wait and read the new book in it's proper sequence.

At least that's my view this week. It's tough knowing that there's an unread FPW book sitting on my bookshelves, though - especially a new version of one of my favorites!!!

-Luthie

If you think it will ruin things for you, then definitely hold off reading it.

Without getting into a spoiler, I will tell you that there are at least two pretty big things related specifically to Jack that have not yet happened in the RJ series, but that the new Nightworld assumes you already know.

I'm ok with that, but I can easily see how someone else might not be. Of course now I'm dying of curiosity about the "how" and "when" of these things, so I'm no less impatient for the next RJ book! Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pages (2): 1 2