Susan   07-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Am I the only person that can't stop watching this?

If you haven't seen The Dog Whisperer series on the National Geographic Channel, here is my attempt to explain it.

Cesar Millan, The Dog Whisperer, says he rehabilitates dogs and trains humans. He teaches how to be calm and in control without punishment. He rarely speaks to the dogs he's working with, mostly he stands there and his "energy" calms the animals and they calm down and behave. It is absolutely fascinating. Unlike anything I've ever seen.

And he's a small Mexican guy, so it has nothing to do with how big he is. He deals with all sorts of problems and issues and specializes in the really tough cases.

Dogs are pack animals and to have a harmonious dog/human relationship, the human needs to be the "alpha" or leader of the pack. If you've ever seen footage of wild wolves or dogs, you'll see that this is absolutely right.

We've done some of the energy work on my dog this week because he is terrified of fireworks. But last night, we both worked on calming him with energy only and he went to sleep! That has never happened before.

Now I just need a Cat Whisperer show! LOL

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
BrettM   07-05-2006, 10:47 AM
I haven't seen the show, but I did watch him train Eric Cartman on an episode of South Park. Amazing! Big Grin

Brett

*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.
Susan   07-05-2006, 11:30 AM
BrettM Wrote:I haven't seen the show, but I did watch him train Eric Cartman on an episode of South Park. Amazing! Big Grin

Brett

ROTFL! OMG I can't stop laughing! Can anyone find that whole show online?

http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/me...emId=63702
Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
cobalt   07-05-2006, 11:37 AM
That was truely funny, Cartman "corrected" and onto a leash.........LOL!

EWMAN
Ken Valentine   07-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Susan Wrote:Now I just need a Cat Whisperer show! LOL

Cats train people!

Ken V.
webby   07-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Cats train people!

Ken V.

Of course. In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods...

and they still remember.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BrettM   07-05-2006, 09:59 PM
webby Wrote:Of course. In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods...
and they still remember.
Nowadays, of course, they've been superceded by ferrets. (I tried whispering to mine, but it didn't work. Seeing as how he's deaf. In any case, HE'S the one with the mind-control powers. I live but to obey.)

Brett

*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.
Ken Valentine   07-06-2006, 12:26 AM
BrettM Wrote:Nowadays, of course, they've been superceded by ferrets. (I tried whispering to mine, but it didn't work. Seeing as how he's deaf. In any case, HE'S the one with the mind-control powers. I live but to obey.)

Dogs, cats, ferrets . . . the real question is; who owns whom.

Ken V.