Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 6 7   
Kenji   07-23-2006, 01:53 AM
webby Wrote:Christopher Walken might be a little too old. What about Val Kilmer? He was great as Doc Holliday, complete with Southern accent, in the movie Tombstone. Have you ever seen that one?

Yeah, I saw Tombstone. Val Kilmer is not bad.
webby   07-24-2006, 01:41 AM
luthie2 Wrote:I recently purchased all of the Pendergast novels, largely due to the fact that so many people from this forum seem to love them. I devoured the books - couldn't put them down. I can't wait for more Pendergast. Smile

Did the talked about "Book of the Dead discussion" ever take place?

-Luthie

You know, I don't think anybody ever started that one. Go for it! Smile

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-24-2006, 01:48 PM
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the books--Agent Pendergast is a great character. But somehow--not quite sure why--something is lacking. Maybe I'm comparing Pendergast with Jack. Jack's backstory and internal struggles are rich and deep--I know the hombre! Bought him a brew at Julio's once. But I just don't identify with Pendergast that way. He's not as well-drawn a character, to my reading.
This post was last modified: 07-24-2006, 01:54 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
jacobm   07-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Kenji Wrote:But who could play perfectly Pendergast? I thought Christopher Walken would be good.

I always pictured David Hyde Pierce, Frasier's brother Niles
Maggers   07-24-2006, 06:37 PM
jacobm Wrote:I always pictured David Hyde Pierce, Frasier's brother Niles

Me, too. Though I always expect DHP him to be funny.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Terry Willacker   07-25-2006, 03:21 PM
David Hyde Pierce as Pendergast? Noooo!

I don't think I have pictured any actor, but I think John Caradine or Vincent Price or even Jack Palance would be closer. Maybe, Robert Mitchum or Gregory Peck.
jacobm   07-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Terry Willacker Wrote:David Hyde Pierce as Pendergast? Noooo!

I don't think I have pictured any actor, but I think John Caradine or Vincent Price or even Jack Palance would be closer. Maybe, Robert Mitchum or Gregory Peck.

I did not imply that DHP should play Pendergast, just that I always seem to picture him when reading the books. I think it is more to do with mannerisms and culture than with physical appearance. Although the pale skin and light hair does fit, maybe thats where I got it from.
Maggers   07-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Terry Willacker Wrote:David Hyde Pierce as Pendergast? Noooo!

Sorry, Terry, while I usually agree with you, I have to disagree with each one of those. Especially Mitchum and Peck. Pendergast is patrician and very light in his coloring, nearly albino, except for his eyes. He's tall and thin. I don't see him as any of those dark actors who are much more macho than I see Pendergast as being.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

ccosborne3   07-25-2006, 07:31 PM
Maggers Wrote:Sorry, Terry, while I usually agree with you, I have to disagree with each one of those. Especially Mitchum and Peck. Pendergast is patrician and very light in his coloring, nearly albino, except for his eyes. He's tall and thin. I don't see him as any of those dark actors who are much more macho than I see Pendergast as being.

Two words, Stanley Tucci. I will now leave and try to solve the rest of the boards problems.Cool
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-25-2006, 07:35 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Two words, Stanley Tucci. I will now leave and try to solve the rest of the boards problems.Cool

You've got your work cut out for you.:eek:
Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 6 7