Kate Jones   06-29-2006, 04:52 AM
This is a really entertaining and interesting film. It's not easy to describe accurately, but in my opinion, anyone who enjoys RJ's adventures would like this film. It features the actress Marlee Matlin who is great. Also look for the expanded version/sequel, which is called Down the Rabbit Hole, I personally haven't seen the latter, but have heard great things.
Kenji   06-29-2006, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the board, Kate.Smile

I've never heard about them. I'll check them out...........someday.
Lisa   06-29-2006, 10:56 AM
I saw What the Bleep Do We Know. It was interesting but not as "mind-bending" as I'd been led to believe. I guess I just prefer my non-fiction straight up.

Lisa
cobalt   06-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the board Kate!

EWMAN
Susan   06-30-2006, 12:19 PM
Lisa Wrote:I saw What the Bleep Do We Know. It was interesting but not as "mind-bending" as I'd been led to believe. I guess I just prefer my non-fiction straight up.

Lisa

You know, my new agey friends highly recommended this film, but it just annoyed me. I'm sure in an alternate universe I was throwing up.

I tried to watch it three separate times and I could only get like 40 minutes into it. I finally just gave up.

For mind-bending entertainment I watch Musa and Dmitry in So You Think You Can Dance! LOL

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Lisa   06-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Susan Wrote:I tried to watch it three separate times and I could only get like 40 minutes into it. I finally just gave up.

Yes, it was hard to watch due to its odd format.

Quote:For mind-bending entertainment I watch Musa and Dmitry in So You Think You Can Dance! LOL

Musa and Dmitry can bend my mind ANYtime.

Lisa
Maggers   06-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Guess I'm the odd woman out. I enjoyed this movie immensely. So much so that I bought it, something I rarely do.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

neotank   07-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Is it a Tarantino type film? Or Momento type?

I love those type of movies...
Maggers   07-01-2006, 04:12 PM
neotank Wrote:Is it a Tarantino type film? Or Momento type?

I love those type of movies...

It couldn't be farther from either one. It's non-fiction. The film discusses complicated concepts like the string theory of the universe, alternate realities, multiple dimensions and all sorts of other physics-based information. It's heady stuff made as palatable as possible for the non-scientist. For what it is, which is largely the kind of thing you'd find on educational TV, I thought it was terrific.
This post was last modified: 07-02-2006, 01:10 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd