Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
luthie2   06-27-2006, 11:28 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:I'm still gonna wait...........but bad cobalt[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND] May not be able to. Good cobalt is having a real tough time of it.

Have you ever read the original version of Nighworld, Cobalt?

-Luthie
Barry Lee Dejasu   06-28-2006, 08:29 AM
luthie2 Wrote:Have you ever read the original version of Nighworld, Cobalt?

-Luthie

Don't listen to Luthie, Cobalt! If you haven't read the original, you're better off - you'll still learn the basics of how everything ends (more or less?), except Jack only has the rakoshi as a previous Otherness experience. I've even held off on reading that - I'm waiting until every last RJ book is out before I even touch Nightworld. Bad enough that I already read Reprisal; then again, since I haven't read the revised edition of *that*...

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
luthie2   06-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:Don't listen to Luthie, Cobalt! If you haven't read the original, you're better off - you'll still learn the basics of how everything ends (more or less?), except Jack only has the rakoshi as a previous Otherness experience. I've even held off on reading that - I'm waiting until every last RJ book is out before I even touch Nightworld. Bad enough that I already read Reprisal; then again, since I haven't read the revised edition of *that*...

I wasn't recommending that Cobalt read the original Nightworld, I was just asking if she had. In fact in another string I said that I rather regretted having read Nightworld before Harbingers, as I knew too much going into that book.

-Luthie
cobalt   06-28-2006, 04:30 PM
luthie2 Wrote:Have you ever read the original version of Nighworld, Cobalt?

-Luthie
Yes I have. I've read the entire Adversary cycle. So that new additional material, which I'm told is around 7000 to 8000 words.....is tempting me.
This post was last modified: 06-28-2006, 09:20 PM by cobalt.

EWMAN
Paul R   06-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:Bad enough that I already read Reprisal; then again, since I haven't read the revised edition of *that*...

Is there a lot added to Reprisal? I thought it was just brought kicking and screaming into the twenty-first century rather than anything added to the story. I'd hate to think I was missing out, but I just can't afford another big book spend right now, what with getting Harbingers and then Nightworld.
cobalt   06-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Paul R Wrote:Is there a lot added to Reprisal? I thought it was just brought kicking and screaming into the twenty-first century rather than anything added to the story. I'd hate to think I was missing out, but I just can't afford another big book spend right now, what with getting Harbingers and then Nightworld.
It was "Nightworld" that I was speaking of. Hope that helps.

EWMAN
Paul R   06-28-2006, 05:10 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:It was "Nightworld" that I was speaking of. Hope that helps.
Yes, I knew that, but when I read that bit Barry had written about Reprisal I thought I might have been missing out on something!
webby   06-28-2006, 05:15 PM
Paul R Wrote:Yes, I knew that, but when I read that bit Barry had written about Reprisal I thought I might have been missing out on something!

Well, shoot. Now I'm wondering too...

I'd really hate to be missing anything new and special, especially in Reprisal, which I believe I've mentioned once or twice Wink is the SPOOKIEST thing I've EVER read!

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
fpw   06-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Paul R Wrote:Is there a lot added to Reprisal? I thought it was just brought kicking and screaming into the twenty-first century rather than anything added to the story.

[SIZE="3"]That's pretty much it.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Ken Valentine   06-28-2006, 10:12 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Yes I have. I've read the entire Adversary cycle.

Same here . . . a number of times.

Quote:So that new additional material, which I'm told is around 7000 to 8000 words.....is tempting me.

Again, same here. And that's one temptation I plan to indulge in.

Ken V.
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5