APhew   09-07-2005, 05:01 PM
F. Paul (or anyone else),

I don't seem to remember which one of your stories is in this collection. I must have missed reading about it somewhere. Care to enlighten?

http://cemeterydance.com/cgi-bin/miva?Me...de=howison
fpw   09-07-2005, 05:36 PM
APhew Wrote:F. Paul (or anyone else),

I don't seem to remember which one of your stories is in this collection. I must have missed reading about it somewhere. Care to enlighten?

All stories are new and by people who have done signings at Dark Delicacies. The trade pb from Carroll & Graf should be available now.

My piece is "Part of the Game," a pulpy Yellow Peril story that crosses paths with "Sex Slaves of the Dragon Tong" which will appear (someday) in Joe Lansdale's Retro Pulp anthology from Subterranean Press.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
APhew   09-07-2005, 05:44 PM
fpw Wrote:All stories are new and by people who have done signings at Dark Delicacies. The trade pb from Carroll & Graf should be available now.

My piece is "Part of the Game," a pulpy Yellow Peril story that crosses paths with "Sex Slaves of the Dragon Tong" which will appear (someday) in Joe Lansdale's Retro Pulp anthology from Subterranean Press.

Cool! Your right, it's out in both Hardcover and Softcover:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search...66-9265531
Maggers   06-18-2006, 01:14 AM
I read the fabulous "A Part of the Game" today. It is soooooo rightfully politically incorrect that it was shocking to me. Shows you how our sensibilities have been so heightened. I loved it. I sort of knew how "a part of the game" figured into the story, but man oh man, what a tale. Yewwwww! Wonderful!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

fpw   06-18-2006, 09:02 AM
Maggers Wrote:I read the fabulous "A Part of the Game" today. It is soooooo rightfully politically incorrect that it was shocking to me. Shows you how our sensibilities have been so heightened. I loved it. I sort of knew how "a part of the game" figured into the story, but man oh man, what a tale. Yewwwww! Wonderful!

[SIZE="3"]Glad you liked it. It crosses paths with "Sex Slaves of the Dragon Tong" which is occuring simultaneously.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
fpw   06-19-2006, 10:08 AM
[SIZE="3"]Just heard: Dark Delicacies won the Stokre Award for Best Anthology.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
Kenji   06-19-2006, 10:41 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Just heard: Dark Delicacies won the Stokre Award for Best Anthology.[/SIZE]

Congrats!

I'm still searching it at used book stores......*sigh*