Pages (3):    1 2 3
Marc   06-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Dave Wrote:Jane is the character that turned me off the show. I thought other characters were very well drawn, but Jane just annoyed the crap out of me whenever she appeared on screen and started speaking. (She is the foul mouthed one, right?)

Right you are.
Sam   06-22-2006, 11:00 AM
I don't have HBO so I've had to wait for them to hit the video stores. Watched the 1st season, now up to the 5th epsiode of the 2nd season. I agree with Vargas - I've had a little difficulty following the dialogue. It can get a bit annoying but I like it. It's different.

Oh, one more thing - how do I say this without causing a spoiler? - the scenes dealing with Al's problem and Doc's procedures. I found myself wanting to scream with him. I certainly did in my mind. Extremely disturbing.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
ccosborne3   06-23-2006, 11:41 PM
SDSwami Wrote:I was always bothered about how they protrayed Jane in the series but now I think they are getting much closer to her humanitarian side.

Jane had close to a full frontal last week. I'm not used to nudity in film for any reason other than tittilation.

It was odd.
ccosborne3   07-09-2006, 11:00 PM
That was one of the best episodes yet. Best fistfight I've seen on tv in years.
Marc   07-09-2006, 11:53 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:That was one of the best episodes yet. Best fistfight I've seen on tv in years.

I actually cringed when the eye was pulled out.
ccosborne3   08-22-2006, 12:27 AM
Gerald Mcraney deserves some kind of comeback actor of the year award for his portrayal of George Hearst. Rarely have I hated a character as much as I do Hearst. Utterly evil. I looked him up on Wikepedia (Hearst) and wonder how much creative liberties the show is taking. The fictional character has people killed because he's bored. No way could he have been that awful in reality.
ccosborne3   08-27-2006, 08:35 PM
After tonights series finale there won't be a damned thing left to watch on tv beside sports. I'll be cancelling HBO and the rest of my pay networks in the morning. I'm a little bitter that the show never garnered the attention it deserved.

Adios Deadwood.
saynomore   05-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Rather than rehash the documentary explaining the language in Deadwood, I recommend your watching it on the Season One Extras disc. Also watch the documentary on the history of the real Deadwood and the real people the characters are based on. The TV show fudges on the edges, but the storyline pretty much follows the historical story of Deadwood. I won't mention any of the history of Deadwood, as they may be spoilers. I'm just getting into Season Two and having a hoot. Dang, I joined netflix just to watch this series. After Deadwood, I'll probably start The Sopranos from Season One on.

AC
Pages (3):    1 2 3