Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Dave   06-15-2004, 06:34 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I never saw The Girl Next Door, but I HATED Go

Jim, Jim, Jim. The lit tissue in the nostrils scene is worth the price of admission alone. And the Amway couple, genius.

Dave
ccosborne3   02-17-2005, 09:52 PM
I love this show. The DVD box set just came out and the second season begins in March. I can't wait to see what crazy hijinx that lovable cuss Al has been up to during the offseason.

One of the best lines ever came when he was consoling one of his whores who thought she had caught the plague. "Stick to handjobs the next couple of days." And the sonofabitch even managed to sound magnaminous doing it.

I love that guy.
Wizard   04-03-2006, 04:07 PM
I myself have seen every episode of Deadwood, except the last episode of the second season. I must admit my complete love for westerns, and this show is no exception. It completely revolutionized my fews of a "western". The best part of the show for me (besides the blood and gore) is the language. I think its fresh, yet somehow archaic and i cant help but become entranced at the tone and intelligence of the conversations taking place on this show. Especially Swearingen, but also Bullock and even Farnum. I hope it outlasts the timespan of most hbo shows, which seems to be six seasons. I'll watch it until the end, thats for sure.
ccosborne3   06-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Wizard Wrote:I hope it outlasts the timespan of most hbo shows, which seems to be six seasons. I'll watch it until the end, thats for sure.

The third and final season begins tonight (episode titled tell your god to ready for blood). Deadwood was originally supposed to run four seasons but HBO balked at the cost. They will have two movies next year to wrap up the story line.

I like the two movie idea. I would prefer a 4th season but it's a classy move by HBO to end the series with style.
Vargas   06-14-2006, 08:56 PM
I watched and loved the first season of Deadwood. I was so happy to see HBO hit another homerun with their original pregramming. I was pumped that I had another serires to get into.

And then came the 2nd season. It seemed that they had fired all the writers and hired William Shakespeare. I don't consider myself so stupid that I can't follow a tv show but I couldn't understand what ANYBODY was saying. It was like they had a new dialect that only they understood. I quit watching after about two episodes in the second season.

Watched the premier of the third season and the dialogue was much better but I was too lost to get back into it.

And then I tried to get into Lucky Louie but I can't even begin to describe what a disaster that was.

Looks like I'll be waiting for more Sopranos and Big Love.
Marc   06-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Second season wasn't nearly as good as the first until the last few episodes. The premiere on Sunday was excellent though. Glad their back on track... at least so far.
Susan   06-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Second season wasn't nearly as good as the first until the last few episodes. The premiere on Sunday was excellent though. Glad their back on track... at least so far.

What do you know, Cocksucker?!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Susanita

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Marc   06-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Susan Wrote:What do you know, Cocksucker?!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Cocksucka!
SDSwami   06-21-2006, 10:46 PM
The second season lost me about half way through.

I watched the first episode of this new season and enjoyed that one. I was always bothered about how they protrayed Jane in the series but now I think they are getting much closer to her humanitarian side. I will have to try to catch the second episode sometime here to see if it keeps my interest.
Dave   06-22-2006, 06:36 AM
SDSwami Wrote:The second season lost me about half way through.

I watched the first episode of this new season and enjoyed that one. I was always bothered about how they protrayed Jane in the series but now I think they are getting much closer to her humanitarian side. I will have to try to catch the second episode sometime here to see if it keeps my interest.
Jane is the character that turned me off the show. I thought other characters were very well drawn, but Jane just annoyed the crap out of me whenever she appeared on screen and started speaking. (She is the foul mouthed one, right?)

Dave
Pages (3):    1 2 3