Pages (12):    1 4 5 6 7 8 12   
KRW   05-25-2006, 12:08 AM
AsMoral Wrote:This whole discussion has me very interested in one thing...and it really is like an elephant in the room that everyone is trying to ignore. What did everyone think of Brokeback Mountain?

Good god Tony, you slay me!!!!!!!

Ken-Big Grin
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-25-2006, 12:17 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:How does one wrap something in a sandwich?

No, it’s not “TRUE.” You even said before that it was your “personal observation,” which –NEW FLASH- is not the same thing as TRUE.

Or maybe the Republican controlled congress doesn’t allow introduction of Democratic legislation. I also remember Republicans voting down a Democratic sponsored bill and then reintroducing it as their own.

Then theres the fact that any dissenting intelligence was pushed aside in order to follow policy of going to war.
Drumheller

In the interest of not being hypocritical (as you claim), let’s not forget to mention the FACT that Secretary of Defense Richard Cheney did a LOT of scaling down of the military in his day.

Here and Here and Here

Given the proper armor? Surely you jest. Certainly you remember the Republican congresses since 2003 failing to authorize proper armor, no?

And there’s that fallacy again (perpetuated by the likes of Drughead Limbaugh and Slanthead Hannity) that Clinton was offered OBL(the same OBL that Bush “doesn’t think much about”Wink on a silver platter.

Not true
The 9/11 commission also agreed that there was no such offer.

What Clinton did do

"Drughead Limbaugh." Isn't that hitting below the belt, Jim? Rush was prescribed oxycontin by his doctor for back pain. And things got out of hand. My friend's wife, an RN, tells me that oxycontin is =highly= addictive, both physically and psychologically. Limbaugh wasn't the first to find it a tad too sweet. Since his recovery, he's =never= criticized others with a jones. Isn't that to his credit?
This post was last modified: 05-25-2006, 12:21 AM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
jimbow8   05-25-2006, 12:26 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:"Drughead Limbaugh." Isn't that hitting below the belt, Jim? Rush was prescribed oxycontin by his doctor for back pain. And things got out of hand. My friend's wife, an RN, tells me that oxycontin is =highly= addictive, both physically and psychologically. Limbaugh wasn't the first to find it a tad too sweet. Since his recovery, he's =never= criticized others with a jones. Isn't that to his credit?
Of all I posted and you pick out Limbaugh to defend???? Wow! Was his anal cyst hurting him?

I have no issue with Limbaugh because he used drugs. I have issue with Limbaugh because he had previously stated that all drug (ab)users should be locked in jail and the key thrown away. Oh, and he accepted help from the ACLU, which he repeatedly disparages. Where's Joe with his condemnation of hypocrisy on that?!?!

Has he publicly apologized to drug addicts? Has he admitted that he was wrong and a wee bit too quick to judge? Has he publicly apologized to the ACLU? Admitted that they aren't a radical organization? Until then, he gets no credit from me.

What about the rest?
This post was last modified: 05-25-2006, 12:28 AM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
KRW   05-25-2006, 12:26 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:"Drughead Limbaugh." Isn't that hitting below the belt, Jim? Rush was prescribed oxycontin by his doctor for back pain. And things got out of hand. My friend's wife, an RN, tells me that oxycontin is =highly= addictive, both physically and psychologically. Limbaugh wasn't the first to find it a tad too sweet. Since his recovery, he's =never= criticized others with a jones. Isn't that to his credit?

Nope!

Ken
KRW   05-25-2006, 12:53 AM
law dawg Wrote:Ken, what happened to the plane? To all those passengers? Aliens, maybe?

And I guess all those planes I watched fly into the WTC were figments of my imagination?

Forgive me if this is a repeat, I posted this once, but it doesn't show anywhere.
If you want to get down to it again, post this topic in the poliitacal thread. We've discussed this before. I'm game.Cool

Ken
law dawg   05-25-2006, 02:14 AM
KRW Wrote:Forgive me if this is a repeat, I posted this once, but it doesn't show anywhere.
If you want to get down to it again, post this topic in the poliitacal thread. We've discussed this before. I'm game.Cool

Ken
Nah brother. I was just yanking your chain a little. All in fun my friend...Wink

So, you like Brokeback Mountain?
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-25-2006, 05:01 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Of all I posted and you pick out Limbaugh to defend???? Wow! Was his anal cyst hurting him?

I have no issue with Limbaugh because he used drugs. I have issue with Limbaugh because he had previously stated that all drug (ab)users should be locked in jail and the key thrown away. Oh, and he accepted help from the ACLU, which he repeatedly disparages. Where's Joe with his condemnation of hypocrisy on that?!?!

Has he publicly apologized to drug addicts? Has he admitted that he was wrong and a wee bit too quick to judge? Has he publicly apologized to the ACLU? Admitted that they aren't a radical organization? Until then, he gets no credit from me.

What about the rest?

Not having as pan-o-ramic a mind as yours, Jim, I can only deal with one issue at a time. I chose to reply to your comments about Rush because I thought you were too big-hearted an hombre, too skilled a debater, to resort to an ad hominem attack on a man who fell prey to chemical dependency. Kinda disappointin' to learn I was mistaken.
This post was last modified: 05-25-2006, 05:49 AM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Richard Kendrick   05-25-2006, 05:39 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Of all I posted and you pick out Limbaugh to defend???? Wow! Was his anal cyst hurting him?

I have no issue with Limbaugh because he used drugs. I have issue with Limbaugh because he had previously stated that all drug (ab)users should be locked in jail and the key thrown away.

Actually Jim, that was what I took from that post as well.

I'd really like to see some proof (actually I'd like to hear a recording) that that is precisely what Rush said. I've been listening to him since he went national and I have NEVER heard him come close to saying something like that. Make fun of drug users... yes, all the time but not what you are crediting him with saying.

RIK
jimbow8   05-25-2006, 09:39 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Not having as pan-o-ramic a mind as yours, Jim, I can only deal with one issue at a time. I chose to reply to your comments about Rush because I thought you were too big-hearted an hombre, too skilled a debater, to resort to an ad hominem attack on a man who fell prey to chemical dependency. Kinda disappointin' to learn I was mistaken.
I'm sorry I offended you. It was a calculated risk. I stand by my disgust of Limbaugh hypocrisy, though. Frankly, I lean more towards the decriminalization of drugs (those that don't cause violent reactions). I almost feel sorry for Rush having developed an addiction. Almost, but because of the hypocrisy....... nope.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
jimbow8   05-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Richard Kendrick Wrote:Actually Jim, that was what I took from that post as well.

I'd really like to see some proof (actually I'd like to hear a recording) that that is precisely what Rush said. I've been listening to him since he went national and I have NEVER heard him come close to saying something like that. Make fun of drug users... yes, all the time but not what you are crediting him with saying.

RIK
I apologize to you also, RIK, but stand by my statements above. The use of the word Druggie is to parallel Rush's own use of such derogatory terms.

Here's a quote. Can't find an audio. Granted, it's not quite as harsh as I portrayed it...... Who else does that? (Rush?)

[INDENT][URL="http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/05/01/national/main1563996.shtml"]Before his own problems became public, Limbaugh had decried drug use and abuse and mocked President Clinton for saying he had not inhaled when he tried marijuana. He often made the case that drug crimes deserve punishment.

"Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. ... And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up," Limbaugh said on his short-lived television show on Oct. 5, 1995.
[/URL][/INDENT]
This post was last modified: 05-25-2006, 09:59 AM by jimbow8.

Pages (12):    1 4 5 6 7 8 12