Pages (12):    1 2 3 4 5 6 12   
Scott Hajek   05-23-2006, 07:40 PM
NewYorkjoe Wrote:"Not all liberals are Democrats," but I submit that all Democrats are liberals, since anyone else has been driven out of the party, except, perhaps for Joe Lieberman (I can respect him, and I might even vote for him).

Once again, you have missed the point entirely. You do everything possible to turn any argument into a pro-war/pro-Bush agenda that is propped up by the "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality.

Quote:I show respect every day for the victims of 9/11 by devoting my efforts to ensuring it does not happen again (WHAT DO YOU DO?).

What exactly do you do besides rant and rave about people that are probably much more effective in their jobs than you? Or is your job so "hush-hush" that we can't talk about it lest you become a pawn in a political game of outing a covert operative? My guess is that you likely are a security guard at some Wal-Mart protecting the condoms from being used by Catholics.

Quote:Keeping the facts of 9/11 in mind is not using the victims as pawns, it merely drives us to greater efforts. That is how you can honor them best. Remember the Alamo and Remember Pearl Harbor were not just slogans. They were patriotic calls to action.

Once you start calling liberals cowards and assuming that they are unable to defend themselves against a violent attack, you start using them as pawns in your game of "my side is right and you are wrong." Alamo, Pearl Harbor, WTC. Yes, they are patriotic calls to action, but once the slogans are used inappropriately, they become calls for revolution... "Mission Accomplished"

Quote:If your faith is eroded, I suggest you blame Howard Dean, Nancy Pelosi, Murtha, Byrd, and their ilk. They are the disciples of disunity, and the ones who are putting their political agendas before the interests of the country. It is so easy to say "Bush lied." But, the fact is the intelligence was the best available and would have been more accurate and comprehensive had Bill Clinton not cut intelligence agencies' budgets 7 years out of 8! What makes you think Kerry or Gore would have done different?

I would rather have pillars of disunity as those you mentioned than the goose-stepping, blind followers of "faith" that do nothing but tow the party line and do not question the motives of their "great" leader.

Having the best intelligence available does not justify its use when it was wrong from the start.

The budget was cut, not by Clinton, but by Congress... a Republican led Congress....

And, we'll never know if Kerry or Gore would've done anything differently, but that argument is weak. Once Bush sued to be President, all bets were off. You can only assume that Gore would've been weak, but who's to say that 9-11 would have happened while Gore was President. We don't know. All that can be said is that under Bush's watch this country was attacked and we went to war in a country that had no direct involvement in said attack.

Quote:Save the 4-letter words for those who are impressed by them down at the schoolyard. They don't buttress weak points or limp reasoning.

4-Letter words are used for emphasis to show additional emotion behind written commentary. If they don't buttress weak points or limp reasoning, that explains why you abhor them so much. You should find something to strengthen your points aside from namecalling and blind assumption.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
KRW   05-23-2006, 09:44 PM
saynomore Wrote:This movie is not a typical "Hollywood" movie, but only by watching it could you know that. Most of the movie takes place in FCC, military, and flight tower locations. It is far from "fairy tale." And the passengers are not shown as heroic but as desperate to survive. I saw a preview of Twin Towers by Oliver Stone today: Now that's a "Hollywood Fairy Tale!!!!" But United 93 is not. Let go of your pre-conceptions for a couple of hours and watch this movie. I can't emphasize enough that it is not what you think it is. I was in your shoes when I decided not to see it, but having four hours to kill, and that being the only movie around, I saw it. And my notions of it being a "fairy tale" were blown away. Had I not seen it, I'd probably be saying the same thing as you.

AC

Actually I'm sure it's what you've said. I'm also sure this move is ment to reinforce the mindset on the original theory put out by our government. A new zogby poll shows over half of Americans disbelieve the governments story. A lot of anomalies were never answered concerning Flight 93, I know this movie didn't try to touch them. But,you make a hell of a great argument for seeing this AC, definatly food for thought.

Ken
KRW   05-23-2006, 09:49 PM
NewYorkjoe Wrote:I show respect every day for the victims of 9/11 by devoting my efforts to ensuring it does not happen again (WHAT DO YOU DO?).

Keep shuffling those papers, your doing a bang up job.

KRW
jimbow8   05-23-2006, 11:48 PM
NewYorkjoe Wrote:No, your response is idiotic.
No, YOU'RE idiotic!!!! Nyah, nyah...

Please, grow up.

Quote:Sorry, conservative and plutocrat are not synonymous!
Right, conservative and kleptocrat are synonymous.

Quote:It was another simile/comparison, just like there are no atheists in foxholes, so no liberals stormed the Flight 93 Cockpit. The first is considered a truism, the second my extrapolation from that. No one said religion is a military requirement, that is YOUR extrapolation.
No, if there are no atheists in foxholes, then you're asserting that everyone in a foxhole believes in God. A truism? I think not. Quite obviously false .... and unprovable. What about the French? They were in foxholes. Germans? The Liberals?

Another big leap in your logic. But then, that's typical from you.

NewYorkjoe Wrote:Well, I've got your dander up, sport! "Liberals serving their country" . . . you mean since Jack Kennedy, right? Maybe John Kerry, our first war/anti-war hero? That implies commitment without equivocation, and I have never met a liberal yet that takes an absolute stand on anything. But, you're right, bashing liberals is too easy; I need a more strenuous and aerobic hobby, something with more of a challenge. It's too bad I lost touch with my Punjabi coworker. He used to talk about pigsticking from horseback, just like in the movie "Life of a Bengal Lancer." They squeal too.
My dander up? Hah!!! I laugh when I read your posts. What was it your hero said? "BRING IT ON!"
This post was last modified: 05-23-2006, 11:56 PM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
NewYorkjoe   05-24-2006, 10:07 AM
KRW Wrote:Keep shuffling those papers, your doing a bang up job.

Keep shuffling those papers, you're doing a bang-up job!KRW

Consider the editing as a gift; unfortunately, no substance in your post worthy of response.

I remember you've said you work with your hands, but there has to be a mind there somewhere directing them.
NewYorkjoe   05-24-2006, 10:27 AM
sometimes it is better to not reply and be thought a fool than to post and remove all doubt!

jimbow8 Wrote:No, YOU'RE idiotic!!!! Nyah, nyah...

Please, grow up.

This from the one who decries personal attacks? Act your age, not your: (shoe size, IQ, sperm count, etc., pick one).

Right, conservative and kleptocrat are synonymous.

Not worthy of response.

No, if there are no atheists in foxholes, then you're asserting that everyone in a foxhole believes in God. A truism? I think not. Quite obviously false .... and unprovable. What about the French? They were in foxholes. Germans? The Liberals?

Another big leap in your logic. But then, that's typical from you.

It's a well-known saying, not really meant to be taken literally. Would that you took Democratic statements as literally, then you might see the fallacies on which they are based.

My dander up? Hah!!! I laugh when I read your posts. What was it your hero said? "BRING IT ON!"

And, I shake my head, ruefully, witnessing the product of substandard public education, indoctrination by liberal-biased mass media, and spoon-fed DNC talking points. It's amazing when one realizes that people like you are still enfranchised.
jimbow8   05-24-2006, 10:34 AM
NewYorkjoe Wrote:Consider the editing as a gift; unfortunately, no substance in your post worthy of response.

I remember you've said you work with your hands, but there has to be a mind there somewhere directing them.
How considerate of you. Now if only we could get you to use the quote function correctly....... It's really amazing that you deem posts unworthy of reply.... yet keep replying to them. Maybe that says something.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
law dawg   05-24-2006, 11:31 AM
NewYorkjoe Wrote:Our enemies rejoice at every sign of weakness and disunity. They say there are no atheists in foxholes; how many liberals stormed the cockpit on Flight 93?

My guess? Quite a few. At that point it wasn't about ideology but innate aggressiveness and will to live.

For instance, I'd rather fight with Al Gore by my side than Ann Colter. Wink

BTW, ever seen Al Gore in real life? He isn't a small man. Neither was Jessie Jackson (I will not call him Reverend though).
jimbow8   05-24-2006, 11:34 AM
law dawg Wrote:
NewYorkJoe Wrote:[H]ow many liberals stormed the cockpit on Flight 93?
My guess? Quite a few. At that point it wasn't about ideology but innate aggressiveness and will to live.

For instance, I'd rather fight with Al Gore by my side than Ann Colter. Wink

BTW, ever seen Al Gore in real life? He isn't a small man. Neither was Jessie Jackson (I will not call him Reverend though).
Thank you.

law dawg   05-24-2006, 11:35 AM
KRW Wrote:Actually I'm sure it's what you've said. I'm also sure this move is ment to reinforce the mindset on the original theory put out by our government. A new zogby poll shows over half of Americans disbelieve the governments story. A lot of anomalies were never answered concerning Flight 93, I know this movie didn't try to touch them. But,you make a hell of a great argument for seeing this AC, definatly food for thought.

Ken
Ken, what happened to the plane? To all those passengers? Aliens, maybe?

And I guess all those planes I watched fly into the WTC were figments of my imagination?
Pages (12):    1 2 3 4 5 6 12