Pages (2):    1 2
fpw   05-10-2006, 12:02 PM
[SIZE="3"]Thing is, Adrienne Barbaloo or not, I never liked the original. Maybe because my expectations were so high; but compared to Halloween it was a huge letdown. And after what I'd heard about the remake, well, maybe my expectations were so low that it seemed tolerable.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
jimbow8   05-10-2006, 12:10 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Thing is, Adrienne Barbaloo or not, I never liked the original. Maybe because my expectations were so high; but compared to Halloween it was a huge letdown. And after what I'd heard about the remake, well, maybe my expectations were so low that it seemed tolerable.[/SIZE]
I certainly understand that perspective. High expectations have ruined some movies for me and low expectations have made others look excellent.

But, really, what compares to Halloween?!?! Nada! Big Grin

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Jay #1   05-10-2006, 02:55 PM
The original movie was alot better. and scarier.
Scott Miller   05-10-2006, 03:42 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Thing is, Adrienne Barbaloo or not, I never liked the original. Maybe because my expectations were so high; but compared to Halloween it was a huge letdown. And after what I'd heard about the remake, well, maybe my expectations were so low that it seemed tolerable.[/SIZE]

Somehow I missed this post this morning and I'd just like to say that I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought JC's version bit; not scary, gory or anything but boring. I rented it not that long ago to see if I might have been too immature to appreciate it when I first saw it, but no, still sucked. MOO(MY Opinion Only).

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (2):    1 2