Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Biggles   05-12-2006, 11:33 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Welcome, Summer. Stick around and you will even find opportunities to meet THE MAN, himself. Don't worry, he doesn't bite (unless you ask nicely). Give him enough wine and he barely even growls. Wink There are yearly GUs in which we all get together and party with the man. Everyone is implicitly invited, but take this as an explicit invitation, if you desire. They're usually in the late winter/early spring, though, so you just missed the last one (so did I Sad ).

Anyhoo, welcome again.

..... and an elevator story which will live in infamy.

And don't forget the Tequila shots and Indian A Law. Big Grin

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
KRW   05-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Summer Wrote:I will so be at the next "gathering "....!!!!

Is "Summer" just a board name or is that your name? I only ask because I have a sister in law named Autumn. (My wife is names Sunday also) Yes, her parents where hippies, but it was her name that caught my attention in the first place!Smile

KRW
jimbow8   05-13-2006, 03:32 AM
Biggles Wrote:And don't forget the Tequila shots and Indian A Law. Big Grin
There's a video clip of that one somewhere on here.

Unfortunately not the elevator "episode."

I just love keeping them in suspense ..... Does that make me evil?!?! :p

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Biggles   05-13-2006, 09:55 AM
KRW Wrote:Is "Summer" just a board name or is that your name? I only ask because I have a sister in law named Autumn. (My wife is names Sunday also) Yes, her parents where hippies, but it was her name that caught my attention in the first place!Smile

KRW

If you had an administrative assistant, would he be named "Friday"? Smile

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Summer   05-13-2006, 10:12 AM
KRW Wrote:Is "Summer" just a board name or is that your name? I only ask because I have a sister in law named Autumn. (My wife is names Sunday also) Yes, her parents where hippies, but it was her name that caught my attention in the first place!Smile

KRW

Summer is a screen name. Mostly because I live in a state with wonderful endless summers Smile
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-14-2006, 08:11 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Welcome Summer!
Let me be the first to tell you....we do have a tendency to kid around alot. All in good fun with a common thread, if I may pun it there. Just a bunch of people that enjoy the works of FPW and understand his sense of humor. I myself, try to stay off the political threads, those guys would eat me alive, opinionated I am, crazy I'm not. So stick around, and join the discussions......come on in the waters fine..................Smile

Why, cobalt, what on earth are you saying to our new friend? The political threads are the finest! Just the other day, Rasalom was telling me he enjoys them most of all, and often contributes, using my name.:eek:
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Biggles Wrote:If you had an administrative assistant, would he be named "Friday"? Smile

LOL, Biggles. Oh, yer sly, aintcha?
KRW   05-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Biggles Wrote:If you had an administrative assistant, would he be named "Friday"? Smile

I find that funny, she say's she's already heard it! Gonna hav'ta get more creative to make her smile, I learned that long ago!!!!!!!!

KRW
KRW   05-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Summer Wrote:Summer is a screen name. Mostly because I live in a state with wonderful endless summers Smile

Cool, I live In a state with endless summes too, dadburnit!Wink

KRW
Maggers   05-22-2006, 10:05 PM
I got my copy of "Harbingers" from Gauntlet today. I don't remember ordering any other book from them before, and was surprised to see that I received: "This signed lettered edition of Harbingers is limited to 26 copies."

Never knew they did lettered editions. Is that what happens when they run out of numbers, which I thought were pretty infinite?

My "letter" looks like PC. Huh?

53 pages into the book and I'm hooked, as always.

Also, the young, wild haired, red headed girl who figures at the beginning of the book goes to Mount Saint Ursula High School, the school I would have gone to were I not accepted at the Bronx High School of Science. Small world, eh? Of course, my high school times of wild red hair were about a million years ago.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6