Pages (2): 1 2   
Jay #1   05-05-2006, 11:48 AM
George Lucas is giving in to demand. In September, Han shoots first. On DVD.

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14373
jimbow8   05-05-2006, 11:49 AM
LOL!!!

We've been discussing this on another board quite a bit over the last couple days.

Interesting.... more later.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Scott Hajek   05-05-2006, 04:10 PM
I think I'm still going to hold out for the Super-Mega-Ultra-Platinum-Collector's set of all six movies, the original trilogy, the Ewok movies, Clone Wars cartoons and, dare we hope, the Christmas Special.

It'll be over $300 for the set and end up selling out faster than any other DVD set. At least that's my prediction.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
neotank   05-06-2006, 01:15 AM
Jay #1 Wrote:George Lucas is giving in to demand. In September, Han shoots first. On DVD.

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14373

Oh hell yeah!
Kenji   05-06-2006, 02:31 AM
I still have Laser Discs! Big Grin
neotank   05-06-2006, 03:08 AM
Kenji Wrote:I still have Laser Discs! Big Grin

LOL I forgot about those. Make a hell of a weapon.
Jay #1   05-06-2006, 02:14 PM
the problem is, he might not put the original un-enhanced one in that uber collection.

Scott Hajek Wrote:
I think I'm still going to hold out for the Super-Mega-Ultra-Platinum-Collector's set of all six movies, the original trilogy, the Ewok movies, Clone Wars cartoons and, dare we hope, the Christmas Special.

It'll be over $300 for the set and end up selling out faster than any other DVD set. At least that's my prediction.
Scott Hajek   05-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:the problem is, he might not put the original un-enhanced one in that uber collection.

True. And, because of that possibility, I thought more about holding out and will be picking up "A New Hope" for the original version only. Empire and Jedi didn't change as much to the negative as did "Star Wars." Han shoots first!

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
neotank   05-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:

True. And, because of that possibility, I thought more about holding out and will be picking up "A New Hope" for the original version only. Empire and Jedi didn't change as much to the negative as did "Star Wars." Han shoots first!

I thought Jedi was pretty crappy how they changed the song at the end and also in jabba's palace. That irked me.
Jay #1   05-06-2006, 07:25 PM
never saw it. *grin* After hearing that Han didn't shoot first, I avoided all 3. Watched the video tape collection at the same time I would have gone to see them.

neotank Wrote:I thought Jedi was pretty crappy how they changed the song at the end and also in jabba's palace. That irked me.
Pages (2): 1 2