jimbow8   05-03-2006, 03:05 PM
First, let me state how awesome this story is.

But the reason I started this was because I either spotted an error of am confused.

*********Spoiler Alert*******************

The story is broken up into sessions and a couple of conferences. While reading it at lunch today, I noticed that the story goes from Session Five, to Session Eight, to Session Ten, Conference at which the Definitive Therapy is proposed, but then it proceeds to Session Nine-A and then to another Conference at which the Dr tries to backpedal and then Session Nine-B. That's where things go bad.

So was Session Ten supposed to actually be Session Seven???

I was reading a hardcover library copy, so maybe this has been corrected in later printings. I have a paperback copy of the Adventures of the Joker (is that correct name?) at home, so I haven't checked to see it that one is identical.

Thanks,

Jim
This post was last modified: 05-03-2006, 03:16 PM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
fpw   05-03-2006, 10:30 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:First, let me state how awesome this story is.

But the reason I started this was because I either spotted an error of am confused.

[SIZE="3"]Most likely an error. The sessions are supposed to be in chronological order.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.