Noelie   05-31-2004, 02:05 PM
Anyone else see this? It's a made for cable movie (hmm, HBO, Showtime? It all blends together), about the first ever heart surgery. I watched it last night, thought it was incredible.
Annice Burdeos   06-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Noelie Wrote:Anyone else see this? It's a made for cable movie (hmm, HBO, Showtime? It all blends together), about the first ever heart surgery. I watched it last night, thought it was incredible.

This is probably one of the finest biographical films I have seen in quite awhile.

Having known so little about Dr. Blalock, it made me appreciate so very much his contributions to cardiac surgery along with Vivien Thomas' apt assistance. Rickman and Def delivered fine performances, indeed.
nonsun blob a   06-06-2004, 11:21 PM
I don't know if this is something either of you would be interested, but I'm going to give it a try anyway, just because it's a biography and you were talking about those. It's a movie called My Flesh My Blood, or something along those lines. It's probably the saddest movie I've ever seen. It's also a documentary. Well, I just thought I'd throw that out there.
Noelie   06-07-2004, 11:51 AM
I'm willing to watch almost anything once, but...

Quote:It's probably the saddest movie I've ever seen.

...sounds like I'll have to wait until I'm in the right frame of mind.
nonsun blob a   06-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Noelie Wrote:I'm willing to watch almost anything once, but...

...sounds like I'll have to wait until I'm in the right frame of mind.

Yeah. well it was just a suggestion and probably a really off topic one. sorry.
Noelie   06-17-2004, 10:55 PM
Don't be silly, there's no need to be sorry. I was just pointing out that if it's the saddest movie you've ever seen, I have to be in the right kind of mood to watch it. That's all. Wink
nonsun blob a   06-20-2004, 08:18 AM
Noelie Wrote:Don't be silly, there's no need to be sorry. I was just pointing out that if it's the saddest movie you've ever seen, I have to be in the right kind of mood to watch it. That's all. Wink

haha, alright.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-20-2004, 09:03 AM
nonsun blob a Wrote:Yeah. well it was just a suggestion and probably a really off topic one. sorry.

Nonsun, you must have industrial-size cullions to post an off-topic message on this board. Some of the dudes and dudesses here...they're strict about that kind of solecism, and they ain't so mild. Take Ken Valentine, for example. Hombre flosses with concertina wire. And Judge Biggles? Makes Roy Bean look like a girlieboy. (I wonder what happened to that sign Biggles had in his courtroom 'til the state made him take it down...the sign that read, "All Hope Abandon...) And Jimbo? Fuhgeddaboudit! Dylan wrote a song about him. The one that started, "He pulled into town about a quarter-past/He made Main Street dance to a shotgun blast/You read all about it in the magazines/A night of hot white-noise with occasional screams." So my advice, Nonsun--keep your wits about you at all times when you post. Otherwise, the next time the gang see an off-topic posting...well, let's imagine the Wild Bunch heading out for the last time and leave it at that.
This post was last modified: 06-20-2004, 09:20 AM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.