Pages (2): 1 2   
luthie2   04-26-2006, 12:07 AM
***Minor Spoiler Alert***

So, I've been wondering (and I realize that I have waaaay too much time on my hands if these types of thoughts go through my head)...with Jack selling off Ralph the Corvair, did FPW write poor Ralph out of Night World, or will Jack miraculously get Ralph back before the "end of the world as we know it"?

Personally I would mourn the loss of Ralph in Night World. That would lesson the effect of one of my favorite lines in the book (second only to: "Heal this"):

****Night World Spoiler Alert****

"...And why? Because this fellow named Jack - who had about a dozen last names and had an immediate avoidance response to anything labeled Police, who carried two or three pistols and God knew how many other weapons at all times, who called his ancient Corvair Ralph and drove it like a maniac - had said that the Ashe brothers were 'good guys'."

Gotta love Jack. Gotta love Night World. Big Grin

-Luthie
KRW   04-27-2006, 11:16 PM
luthie2 Wrote:***Minor Spoiler Alert***

So, I've been wondering (and I realize that I have waaaay too much time on my hands if these types of thoughts go through my head)...with Jack selling off Ralph the Corvair, did FPW write poor Ralph out of Night World, or will Jack miraculously get Ralph back before the "end of the world as we know it"?

Personally I would mourn the loss of Ralph in Night World. That would lesson the effect of one of my favorite lines in the book (second only to: "Heal this"):

"...And why? Because this fellow named Jack - who had about a dozen last names and had an immediate avoidance response to anything labeled Police, who carried two or three pistols and God knew how many other weapons at all times, who called his ancient Corvair Ralph and drove it like a maniac - had said that the Ashe brothers were 'good guys'."

Gotta love Jack. Gotta love Night World. Big Grin

-Luthie

I hope Jack runs across Ralp again in the future, and because of nostalgia buys him back! That would be cool! But Ralph is easy to replace, so we have to wait and see. And the Ashe Brothers, well, they're just cool!Cool

KRW
luthie2   04-28-2006, 05:05 PM
KRW Wrote:I hope Jack runs across Ralp again in the future, and because of nostalgia buys him back! That would be cool! But Ralph is easy to replace, so we have to wait and see. And the Ashe Brothers, well, they're just cool!Cool

KRW

Yeah, the Ashe Brothers are too much fun - especially in All The Rage. Big Grin
KRW   05-01-2006, 08:43 PM
luthie2 Wrote:Yeah, the Ashe Brothers are too much fun - especially in All The Rage. Big Grin

They were gutsy in "Nightworld" as well! I'd love to see how Jack met them in the first place! That deserves a short story unto itself I'm thinkin!

KRW
peachynat   05-01-2006, 08:51 PM
KRW Wrote:They were gutsy in "Nightworld" as well! I'd love to see how Jack met them in the first place! That deserves a short story unto itself I'm thinkin!

KRW

I agree!! That'd be great to read.
luthie2   05-01-2006, 09:01 PM
KRW Wrote:They were gutsy in "Nightworld" as well! I'd love to see how Jack met them in the first place! That deserves a short story unto itself I'm thinkin!

KRW

Yeah, that would be too much fun! You know that the three of them had some great adventures that we don't know about - especially when Frank says, "No offence....but since it's you, I gotta ask: how legal we talking 'bout". Big Grin
Pleiades   05-01-2006, 09:21 PM

KRW
Same for Julio. What did Jack do to earn this Julio's respect? There are some hints, but I'll bet there's a good story there. Same for how Jack meets Abe.

You really only need three things: WD-40, Duct Tape, and a pointy stick. If it's supposed to move and doesn't, use the WD-40. If it moves and isn't supposed to, use the Duct Tape. If you want it to move and it doesn't want to, use the pointy stick. The rest of life is easy.
KRW   05-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Pleiades Wrote:Same for Julio. What did Jack do to earn this Julio's respect? There are some hints, but I'll bet there's a good story there. Same for how Jack meets Abe.

Exactly! An abundance of stories just waiting to be told! What exactley was Jack doing when he first discovered Ralph? What screw ups had he done in the past to get his system worked out like he has? Did he actually help Neil "the anarchist" set that flag pole? And how did he learn his gun skills and stealth techniques? Has Wilson got fans or what?Cool

KRW - Inquiring minds want to know!
cobalt   05-01-2006, 10:11 PM
KRW Wrote:Exactly! An abundance of stories just waiting to be told! What exactley was Jack doing when he first discovered Ralph? What screw ups had he done in the past to get his system worked out like he has? Did he actually help Neil "the anarchist" set that flag pole? And how did he learn his gun skills and stealth techniques? Has Wilson got fans or what?Cool

KRW - Inquiring minds want to know!
Time for some flash backs to our man's past. Let's see what helped make Jack tick. That's enough for what........3-4 more books? Hint Hint

EWMAN
KRW   05-01-2006, 10:16 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Time for some flash backs to our man's past. Let's see what helped make Jack tick. That's enough for what........3-4 more books? Hint Hint

Hint.. Hint is better than twitch.. twitch. You're making progress!

KRW
Pages (2): 1 2