Chevron   04-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Hello.

As I've run out of RJ books for the moment, I've been reading some other FPW books. The last one I read was Healer, which I really, really enjoyed!

I noticed from Dave M's Cross Reference that there're a number of other books linked to this one, such as Wheels Within Wheels, The Tery, An Enemy of the State, Dydeetown World, etc. But is there an order that I should read them in?

I also noticed that Peter LaNague was mentioned in Healer, and I've seen this name around quite a bit in these forums (and in the RJ store!), but what books do I need to read to find out more? And again, is there an order?

Cheers everyone.

Kevin.
mjolnir   04-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Check out the FPW area on Fantasticfiction.co.uk
It has all his books in chronological order.
This post was last modified: 04-11-2006, 05:25 PM by mjolnir.
Chevron   04-11-2006, 05:12 PM
mjolnir Wrote:Check out the FPW area on Fantasticfiction.com
It has all his books in chronological order.

Wow! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Many thanks.
jimbow8   04-12-2006, 09:19 AM
Chevron Wrote:Hello.

As I've run out of RJ books for the moment, I've been reading some other FPW books. The last one I read was Healer, which I really, really enjoyed!

I noticed from Dave M's Cross Reference that there're a number of other books linked to this one, such as Wheels Within Wheels, The Tery, An Enemy of the State, Dydeetown World, etc. But is there an order that I should read them in?

I also noticed that Peter LaNague was mentioned in Healer, and I've seen this name around quite a bit in these forums (and in the RJ store!), but what books do I need to read to find out more? And again, is there an order?

Cheers everyone.

Kevin.
My personal favorites are probably The Select and SIBS. Also check out Black Wind, The Fifth Harmonic ..... and Nightkill.

As for other authors (there are other authors?!?!), what types of things do you like? Horror, vampires, fantasy, etc?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Silverfish   04-12-2006, 01:58 PM
You can read this guy. James Alan Gardner. He's pretty cool too. Robert J Sawyer has lots of books. Yeah, I know, they're both Canadian, but I'm sure you can find them on Amazon.
Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
peachynat   04-12-2006, 02:20 PM
You can always re-read the RJ series..... also, there are several authors on the forum
jimbow8   04-12-2006, 03:15 PM
peachynat Wrote:You can always re-read the RJ series..... also, there are several authors on the forum
And along those lines, I recommend the Jack Daniels series by Joe Konrath (board member).

Whiskey Sour
Bloody Mary
Rusty Nail

.... And he's a great guy, so he'll appreciate the support.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search...63-5850217

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Chevron   04-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks everyone.

I bought £60 worth of FPW books on Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com last night, including black wind, fifth harmonic and loads of others.

Should keep me going for a while, and I don't care what my other half says, I'm taking them with me on my Honeymoon.

Thanks for all the replies. I've made notes of all the other books and writers mentioned.

Kev.
Flinx   04-13-2006, 12:50 AM
Silverfish Wrote:You can read this guy. James Alan Gardner. He's pretty cool too. Robert J Sawyer has lots of books. Yeah, I know, they're both Canadian, but I'm sure you can find them on Amazon.
Stephanie
Even better, is that with Robert you can purchase autographed copies of his books straight from him.