Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Maggers   07-18-2005, 05:33 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Unfortunately Paul rejected my offer to sit there and hold my copies of his books on his lap. Apparently he wanted money or thought it would be too "weird" or something.

I don't even remember making this thread let alone any specifics.

Looks like it must've been a typo as it is corrected in the body of the message.

ROFL! It was 16 months ago, no wonder you don't remember. Hey, when you've posted over 2600 messages and created a gazillion threads as you have, how can you remember then all.

I just thought it was funny, and yes, I saw that you'd corrected it. There's no way to correct a typo in a thread title; I think someone else ran up against that, too. But this one was amusing.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-18-2005, 06:33 PM
Hee-hee--Jimbow, I misread the title of your thread--I thought it said, "Collectors of FPW Himself." Which reminded me of an odd Dylan piece I read. Seems some strange hombre was offering, on e-bay, a couple of cigarette butts the Master tossed away. A guy wrote back, well, man, what's so special about those? And the original crazed fan responded, well, man, they have Dylan's DNA on them. Way things are going with technology, you could clone him from that. The ultimate collectible!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Hee-hee--Jimbow, I misread the title of your thread--I thought it said, "Collectors of FPW Himself." Which reminded me of an odd Dylan piece I read. Seems some strange hombre was offering, on e-bay, a couple of cigarette butts the Master tossed away. A guy wrote back, well, man, what's so special about those? And the original crazed fan responded, well, man, they have Dylan's DNA on them. Way things are going with technology, you could clone him from that. The ultimate collectible!

Actually, looking back, I didn't misread it at all! Aw, jeez, ain't we got fun...
Maggers   07-18-2005, 06:42 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Actually, looking back, I didn't misread it at all! Aw, jeez, ain't we got fun...

Scroll back to the previous page...that's exactly why I just resuscitated this thread from over a year ago. Jim did write what he wrote and I thought it was hysterical.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   07-18-2005, 07:18 PM
Maggers Wrote:Scroll back to the previous page...that's exactly why I just resuscitated this thread from over a year ago. Jim did write what he wrote and I thought it was hysterical.
I "did write what I wrote"?? That's pretty funny in itself. :p

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Biggles   07-18-2005, 07:21 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Hee-hee--Jimbow, I misread the title of your thread--I thought it said, "Collectors of FPW Himself." Which reminded me of an odd Dylan piece I read. Seems some strange hombre was offering, on e-bay, a couple of cigarette butts the Master tossed away. A guy wrote back, well, man, what's so special about those? And the original crazed fan responded, well, man, they have Dylan's DNA on them. Way things are going with technology, you could clone him from that. The ultimate collectible!

Hmmm. You're not suggesting that someone clone FPW himself? He's probably left some DNA on every book he's signed!

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Maggers   07-18-2005, 08:26 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I "did write what I wrote"?? That's pretty funny in itself. :p

Geez, I don't even know what I meant by that, and I wrote it just 2 hours ago. Rolleyes

It's hotter than hell in NYC and disgustingly muggy. My building at work has had no a/c since Friday; it's all glass; and you can't open the windows. When I wrote that brilliant statement at the end of a stiflingly hot work day, my brain had just liquified. I can't be held responsible. :p
This post was last modified: 07-18-2005, 08:36 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

KRW   07-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Maggers Wrote:Geez, I don't even know what I meant by that, and I wrote it just 2 hours ago. Rolleyes

It's hotter than hell in NYC and disgustingly muggy. My building at work has had no a/c since Friday; it's all glass; and you can't open the windows. When I wrote that brilliant statement at the end of a stiflingly hot work day, my brain had just liquified. I can't be held responsible. :p

Try 118 degrees on for size. It was still over 100 when I was up at 3:00 A.M. this morning. No relief till October, shit. We're in the monsoon season right now which means it jacks up the humidity, storms all around that never come in, dust storms that put an extra layer of dust over everything and make it more miserable. And when it does rain, the next day is so bad you wish it would have kept it to itself. All that being said, I can handle over 100 days(in a row) of triple digits! I'd say no sweat but you'd know I was lying! But when the temps reach 70, I'm looking for a coat! I'm a wuss in cold weather!

KRW
Maggers   07-18-2005, 10:31 PM
KRW Wrote:Try 118 degrees on for size. It was still over 100 when I was up at 3:00 A.M. this morning. No relief till October, shit. We're in the monsoon season right now which means it jacks up the humidity, storms all around that never come in, dust storms that put an extra layer of dust over everything and make it more miserable. And when it does rain, the next day is so bad you wish it would have kept it to itself. All that being said, I can handle over 100 days(in a row) of triple digits! I'd say no sweat but you'd know I was lying! But when the temps reach 70, I'm looking for a coat! I'm a wuss in cold weather!

Damn, but that's hot! You can take that? My hat is off to you, Ken, you are no wuss. Much as I love to visit your neck of the woods, I couldn't bear that heat. And I thought there was no humidity in the desert. Is that a myth? Or is a myth as good as a mile? Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   07-18-2005, 10:33 PM
Maggers Wrote:Damn, but that's hot! You can take that? My hat is off to you, Ken, you are no wuss. Much as I love to visit your neck of the woods, I couldn't bear that heat. And I thought there was no humidity in the desert. Is that a myth? Or is a myth as good as a mile? Big Grin
It is true. Instead of feeling like you are being steamed, you feel like you are being baked. Much better!!! :p Big Grin

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Pages (3):    1 2 3