Barry Lee Dejasu   06-08-2004, 09:31 AM
Some of the names in Crisscross weren't little references/homages to/from certain people you (FPW) know, were they? You know, Hutch and Barry and whatnot?

Or is this just wishful thinking? After all, no more coincidences...

Great book, by the way, as usual.

SPOILER BELOW...

Loved the little reference to "coincidence" in the news bulletin at the end. What a fantastic finish to things in this novel...and yet the overall plot that has been developing since Conspiracies is more ominous than ever.

Thanks a lot!!

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Dave   06-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:Some of the names in Crisscross weren't little references/homages to/from certain people you (FPW) know, were they? You know, Hutch and Barry and whatnot?

Or is this just wishful thinking? After all, no more coincidences...

Talking of character names in books, have you ever auctioned a name in a book, Paul? If so, who, and if not, would you consider it?

Cheers

Dave
Biggles   06-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Dave Wrote:Talking of character names in books, have you ever auctioned a name in a book, Paul? If so, who, and if not, would you consider it?

Cheers

Dave

It would be pretty easy to auction off "Dave". Now "Biggles", on the other hand? At least I wouldn't be in a bidding war, unless Ian Anderson got wind of it, anyway.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Barry Lee Dejasu   06-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Biggles Wrote:It would be pretty easy to auction off "Dave". Now "Biggles", on the other hand? At least I wouldn't be in a bidding war, unless Ian Anderson got wind of it, anyway.

I'd say the same for my own name, but there *is* that Barry Hoffman fellow...oh wait, maybe that's where the name came from.

*walks away, grumbling* Just when I thought I was special...

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]