Kenji   04-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Has anyone seen "Vengeance Unlimited"?

I just checked The Mystery Channel official site(Japanese cable channel), and I found "Vengeance Unlimited" begins from April 17. I've never seen this show, so I checked detail. Michael Madsen as Mr.Chapel, his character reminded me of Repairman Jack.

From Plot Summary; Mr. Chapel is a man without a past. His M.O. is to send people who have been wronged by the system, or by criminals, clippings of other people he has helped out. He then offers them help in return for either 1 million dollars or a future favor they're to do him. Chapel then sets out to bring justice to the criminals, using elaborately plotted scams and some subtle violence as necessary.

Click here

Nearly user's comments are favorable criticism. It looks very good show. I'm looking forward to it. Has anyone seen "Vengeance Unlimited"? If you saw it, tell me your thoughts.
Tony H   04-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Vengence Unlimited ran back in the late 90's or early 2000s. It aired for only 4 episodes before the network pulled the plug. The character was very much a RJ ripoff but the writing was horrible. Nearly every line was ripped from another movie or television script.

One episode had Madsen calling from within the bad guys house. The bad guy asked, "Who are you?"

Madsen replied. "The question isn't who am I, the question is Where am I?" It was ripped word for word from SCREAM which was quite popular at the time.

Interesting that the show is now seeing the light of day in Japan. I guess that is our revenge for you sending us Shoji Tabuchi! <---click there.
This post was last modified: 04-03-2006, 01:22 PM by Tony H.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Kenji Wrote:Has anyone seen "Vengeance Unlimited"?

I just checked The Mystery Channel official site(Japanese cable channel), and I found "Vengeance Unlimited" begins from April 17. I've never seen this show, so I checked detail. Michael Madsen as Mr.Chapel, his character reminded me of Repairman Jack.

From Plot Summary; Mr. Chapel is a man without a past. His M.O. is to send people who have been wronged by the system, or by criminals, clippings of other people he has helped out. He then offers them help in return for either 1 million dollars or a future favor they're to do him. Chapel then sets out to bring justice to the criminals, using elaborately plotted scams and some subtle violence as necessary.

Click here

Nearly user's comments are favorable criticism. It looks very good show. I'm looking forward to it. Has anyone seen "Vengeance Unlimited"? If you saw it, tell me your thoughts.

I haven't seen the show, Kenji, but what a great name for a band!
Keith the Elder   04-03-2006, 03:54 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Interesting that the show is now seeing the light of day in Japan. I guess that is our revenge for you sending us Shoji Tabuchi! <---click there.

All of the sudden I feel like digging out the BetaMax and those Pink Lady and Jeff tapes.

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:All of the sudden I feel like digging out the BetaMax and those Pink Lady and Jeff tapes.

Dem wuz de days, wuzzn't dem, Keith? But no bad talk about de bee-yoo-tee-ful ladies. Jeff, sure. He wuz a joik!
Kenji   04-04-2006, 09:13 AM
AsMoral Wrote:Vengence Unlimited ran back in the late 90's or early 2000s. It aired for only 4 episodes before the network pulled the plug. The character was very much a RJ ripoff but the writing was horrible. Nearly every line was ripped from another movie or television script.

One episode had Madsen calling from within the bad guys house. The bad guy asked, "Who are you?"

Madsen replied. "The question isn't who am I, the question is Where am I?" It was ripped word for word from SCREAM which was quite popular at the time.

Ripoff? Hmm.....maybe. Maybe not. "Ripoff" is ordinary thing. Problem is how they use it. "Who are you?" "The question isn't who am I, the question is Where am I?"....Maybe Mr.Chapel is SCREAM fan. I like that lines too.Wink

I'm looking forward to it anyway.

Quote:Interesting that the show is now seeing the light of day in Japan. I guess that is our revenge for you sending us Shoji Tabuchi! <---click there.

LOL! I've never seen this show before. Is it revenge? So you dislike this show?
What a sweet revenge! Ha ha!Big Grin
Kenji   04-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Just now, I saw 1st and 2nd episode in "Vengeance Unlimited", and this show rocked! Big Grin Mr.Chapel is cool! His way of revenge, his job is truly like Repairman Jack! Mr. Chapel is a man who rights wrongs.

In "Cruel and Unusual", he sets his sights on a wealthy drug smuggler who was acquitted for the murder of his secretary. Chapel enlists K.C. Griffin, a former recipient of Chapel's aid, to help him wreak vengeance.

In "Victim of Circumstance", Mr. Chapel targets an FBI profiler, Alan Walker, when Walker knowingly allows an innocent man to be jailed for a string of murders. Chapel and K.C. enlist an FBI agent to work from the inside to bring Walker down.

This evening, I enjoyed both episodes. This show is broadcasting in the midnight, so I recorded on tape. 3rd episode and 4th episode's broadcasting is in the midnight(almost tomorrow morning!), so I'll watch them tomorrow night, but I CAN'T WAIT!!!
Kenji   04-27-2006, 11:41 AM
This evening, I finished watching final episode, and I want to say "Mr.Chapel, come back!"

In 16 episodes, I enjoyed Mr.Chapel's vengeance jobs. His opponents were....

Drug smuggler
FBI profiler
A corrupt sheriff and his cohorts
Serial killer
Weapon dealer
Senator
US-funded killers
Rapist
Murderous widow
IRS Agent
Corrupt federal judge
Brutal murderers of ten years ago
A rich young man who got away with murdering his father
A devious trial lawyer
A powerful computer engineer who murdered friend

Sometimes Mr.Chapel's job is reckless, pell-mell, and cruel. He never show no mercy to villains. But he never use a gun or weapon. He use only arms and humor(sick humor!), and he never kill those villains. In the end, those villains go to jail.

If you've never seen this show, I highly recommend it. This is very fun!