Peter   04-01-2006, 06:52 PM
I don't watch much television but have got really into Invasion. I'm suprised no-one has mentioned it yet, did it bomb in America?

What I really want know (no spoilers please!) is if there is, or going to be, a second series? We have about 6 episodes to go and still a lot of very loose ends that show no signs of tying themselves up.

For myself it's not great TV but somehow it just makes me want to see what happens next, is the Sherrif good guy or bad guy, are the creatures aliens or not, does the government condone what is happening, is it a bad thing anyway? You know, the usual stuff....
Susan   04-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Peter Wrote:I don't watch much television but have got really into Invasion. I'm suprised no-one has mentioned it yet, did it bomb in America?
Peter Wrote:
What I really want know (no spoilers please!) is if there is, or going to be, a second series? We have about 6 episodes to go and still a lot of very loose ends that show no signs of tying themselves up.

For myself it's not great TV but somehow it just makes me want to see what happens next, is the Sherrif good guy or bad guy, are the creatures aliens or not, does the government condone what is happening, is it a bad thing anyway? You know, the usual stuff....

Hi Peter,

I watch Invasion. It's an interesting series. Like you, I'm curious to see what's going to happen. But not as curious as I am about Lost! We're also in the first year of Invasion, so I have no idea if there's going to be another year of it.

I don't know how it is doing in the ratings, though I'm sure it's an advantage to come on right after Lost. For the next several weeks, the show is on hiatus in the US. So I'm not sure that's a good sign.

Susan

This post was last modified: 04-02-2006, 02:26 PM by Susan.

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Peter   04-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Thanks Susan, we will see as they say. I have never really got into Lost but my wife (who usually dotes on me of course!) refuses to speak to me while Lost is on. Must say something for it!
jimbow8   04-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Peter Wrote:I don't watch much television but have got really into Invasion. I'm suprised no-one has mentioned it yet, did it bomb in America?

Funny, I saw the first few episodes and was pretty interested in it. I was psyched that it was made by Shaun Cassidy, who had made another underrated show that got cancelled too early - American Gothic. I got a lady at work COMPLETELY hooked on it, but then I lost interest for some reason and haven't watched it since.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
cobalt   04-05-2006, 11:53 PM
A new episode of Invasion in 2 weeks from tonight, Wahoo!

EWMAN
mike36799   04-06-2006, 12:21 AM
I watched simply because I am such a fan of the show Lost, and honestly I thought that Invasion series started out pretty slow. I was getting bored, but eventually, around 3-4 episodes, things fired up, and it is really turned out to be a great show. It is definitly worth the time.

"I have the key to One-Eyed-Willy."
Dave   04-06-2006, 08:12 AM
mike36799 Wrote:I watched simply because I am such a fan of the show Lost, and honestly I thought that Invasion series started out pretty slow. I was getting bored, but eventually, around 3-4 episodes, things fired up, and it is really turned out to be a great show. It is definitly worth the time.
I'm loving the character dynamics.

Slight Spoiler

It certainly has something different to say about a body snatchers type invasion.

Dave