Gerald Rice   02-22-2006, 03:58 PM
I suppose we must all have a list of movies we didn't like in the theater, but when they came to video or cable we enjoy. The Jacket got me thinking about this because I disliked it very much in the theater but I just saw it on Cinemax (?) and I enjoyed it. Here's my list

The Jacket
Breakdown
Die Hard (I liked it the first time, I just liked it more each time I saw it)
Total Recall (same as Die Hard)
In the Mouth of Madness (it might have been a maturity thing, I was 18 when I saw it the first time around)
Gothika (didn't see it in a theater, but it would have annoyed me if I had)
Maggers   02-22-2006, 10:06 PM
"Collateral" was that way for me. Just so-so in the theater but great on video and has gotten better with every viewing.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

APhew   02-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Just watched "War of the Worlds" last weekend after only having seen it in the theater. I have to admit really enjoying it a lot more this second time around.

On the other side of things, I greatly enjoyed "Batman Begins" in the theater, but after viewing it on DVD I was underwhelmed.
neotank   02-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Sometimes I like a movie better at home cause there is nobody there kicking your chair and slurping pops like they were just rescued after being lost for 3 days in a desert.

I remember thinking Sin City was a great movie. But it was kind of a bad crowd so it lessened the greatness of the movie. After watching it at home I enjoyed it a LOT more.
Kenji   02-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Here's my list

The Thing
Blade Runner
True Romance
Dodgeball
Star Trek:The Motion Picture

I saw them in a theater. But after that, when I saw them in home again, I enjoyed them more. Especially, Blade Runner. When I saw it in home again, I found out interesting details. Japanese neon signs, Japanese graffiti, and other special effect and visual. Very cool.

True Romance...Actually, when I first saw it in a theater, I couldn't enjoy it....Oh, don't get me wrong! Now I really like True Romance. Still I have used video tape. DVD is now out of stock.

Dodgeball...This is really funny comedy. This is good to see in home than theater. Because my laughing voice is too loud, so I would annoy other audiences. :p
jimbow8   02-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Kenji Wrote:Here's my list

The Thing
Blade Runner
True Romance
Dodgeball
Star Trek:The Motion Picture

I saw them in a theater. But after that, when I saw them in home again, I enjoyed them more. Especially, Blade Runner. When I saw it in home again, I found out interesting details. Japanese neon signs, Japanese graffiti, and other special effect and visual. Very cool.

True Romance...Actually, when I first saw it in a theater, I couldn't enjoy it....Oh, don't get me wrong! Now I really like True Romance. Still I have used video tape. DVD is now out of stock.

Dodgeball...This is really funny comedy. This is good to see in home than theater. Because my laughing voice is too loud, so I would annoy other audiences. :p
Just to chime in on True Romance..... Is it out of stock in Japanese only? Because US has several versions available .... well, at least two.

I LOVE that movie.... never saw it in theater.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   02-24-2006, 11:28 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Just to chime in on True Romance..... Is it out of stock in Japanese only? Because US has several versions available .... well, at least two.

I'm not sure it's Japan only. But at least I have video tape. So....I'm okay. Wink

Quote:I LOVE that movie.... never saw it in theater.

Oh.....I wish I can see it in a theater again!