Medusa   02-11-2006, 12:44 AM
We just came back from seeing this movie! Cool! If you liked the 1st two, you'll like this one. More gore and surprise "deaths" than the first 2 also. But we enjoyed it. The Roller Coaster scene was awesome! Don't go if you have a weak stomach!
saynomore   02-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Medusa Wrote:We just came back from seeing this movie! Cool! If you liked the 1st two, you'll like this one. More gore and surprise "deaths" than the first 2 also. But we enjoyed it. The Roller Coaster scene was awesome! Don't go if you have a weak stomach!

My girl and I are big fans of the FD series. Does the third part continue the storyline of the first two as part two picks up (in a subtle way) the continuity of the first part? Or is it a stand-alone story? Can't imagine the rollercoaster crash surpassing the freeway crash of part two in terms of gore, but we'll see when we see part three. Giggle-giggle.

AC

P.S. Was there room for a part four? Giggle-giggle. Don't tell me. Tell me. Giggle-giggle. Yes, I do love gore. What gave it away?
Medusa   02-12-2006, 01:06 AM
MINOR SPOILERS!

It's like in FD2. Those events happened 1 year from FD1 but that was about the only way it interacted. In this one FD3 was 6 years later. The number 180 was about the only relevant thing and of course it was mentioned about the events in FD1 & 2. No survivor from FD2 showed up in this one. I guess they could make a FD4 if they do the same thing with new ideas. And you are right, the roller coaster scene, while really cool, could never come close to the freeway scene from FD2. That was just totally awesome!
mike36799   02-12-2006, 02:37 AM
I've seen the first two, but havn't got to see it just yet. Glad you liked it, might get out to see a movie finally.

"I have the key to One-Eyed-Willy."
saynomore   02-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Okay, I just got back from seeing Final Destination III. Gore-wise, it was very clever, but not suspenseful as in one and two. Story-wise, Part two was much better developed than Part Three, but Part one is still the best story. Character-wise, Part two hands down is superior to both one and three, but I liked the Part three characters more. Plot-wise, Part two is still the best, as the characters try to figure out how to cheat Death; in Part three, one just waits to see how clever the next gruesome death scene will be: mention is made of cheating Death, but it doesn't drive the plot. And Part four was not tacked into the ending--it was hammered in. But one damn fine movie for the gore-hounds. I give it Three Howls out of Four.

AC

P.S. Did you notice how they managed to sneak Tony Todd into the third part? So, he has been in all three parts now.
Medusa   02-14-2006, 11:16 PM
saynomore Wrote:Okay, I just got back from seeing Final Destination III. Gore-wise, it was very clever, but not suspenseful as in one and two. Story-wise, Part two was much better developed than Part Three, but Part one is still the best story. Character-wise, Part two hands down is superior to both one and three, but I liked the Part three characters more. Plot-wise, Part two is still the best, as the characters try to figure out how to cheat Death; in Part three, one just waits to see how clever the next gruesome death scene will be: mention is made of cheating Death, but it doesn't drive the plot. And Part four was not tacked into the ending--it was hammered in. But one damn fine movie for the gore-hounds. I give it Three Howls out of Four.

AC

P.S. Did you notice how they managed to sneak Tony Todd into the third part? So, he has been in all three parts now.
Where was he? I was looking. I thought I heard his voice in the train announcement at the end but I didn't see him.
saynomore   02-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Medusa Wrote:Where was he? I was looking. I thought I heard his voice in the train announcement at the end but I didn't see him.

Devil. He voiced the Devil on the Roller Coaster ride.

AC
neotank   02-15-2006, 11:37 PM
The guys who made this movie used to write for the X files. They are real good writer/directors.

If I'm not mistaken, Final Destination was supposed to be an X file episode, but they liked it so much they turned it into a movie.