Pages (2):    1 2
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-29-2006, 12:02 AM
KRW Wrote:I doubt a law suit would be pending! Wink (I said doubt)

KRW

I doubt it too. But there are =many= strange tales from the Commonwealth of the South. Like, "Where did the F-14's go?" :eek:
KRW   01-29-2006, 12:40 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I doubt it too. But there are =many= strange tales from the Commonwealth of the South. Like, "Where did the F-14's go?" :eek:

That's a triangle with all kinds of posabilities.

Ken
Lisa   01-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Jack is an old, old nickname of John, born in the days when the pool of names was smaller and nicknames were more handy to tell people apart. Note also Molly/Polly for Mary and the gazillions of nicknames for historically common names like Elizabeth and Robert. John and Jonathan are separate names with separate meanings. Both are biblical.

Lisa
Terry Willacker   01-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Just finished Infernal over the weekend, and I just want to say it was another great installment in the Repairman Jack saga. Have we seen the last of Tom? We don't know where he went. Maybe, he'll be back.
cobalt   01-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Only FPW knows for now. I speculate that ole Tom will be back, either to help Jack or maybe hinder him as some-thing from the Otherness. Either way, I'm sure that we haven't seen the last of him.
KRW   01-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Lisa Wrote:Jack is an old, old nickname of John, born in the days when the pool of names was smaller and nicknames were more handy to tell people apart. Note also Molly/Polly for Mary and the gazillions of nicknames for historically common names like Elizabeth and Robert. John and Jonathan are separate names with separate meanings. Both are biblical.

Lisa

Now that you mention it, your right. The big book of baby names should have already set me strait on this.

Ken
Ken Valentine   01-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Lisa Wrote:Jack is an old, old nickname of John, born in the days when the pool of names was smaller and nicknames were more handy to tell people apart. Note also Molly/Polly for Mary and the gazillions of nicknames for historically common names like Elizabeth and Robert. John and Jonathan are separate names with separate meanings. Both are biblical.

These days, Jack is also quite often a given name as well. So is Larry. I even knew someone whose given name was Bill.

Ken V.
Pages (2):    1 2