RepairmanJack.com Forums
Infernal-Super Minor Spoiler - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Infernal-Super Minor Spoiler (/thread-1480.html)

Pages: 1 2

Infernal-Super Minor Spoiler - Tony H - 01-28-2006

I was reading infernal and came across something that blew my mind. It was such a small detail but it really made me feel odd.

Here comes the spoiler.

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

When Tom Jr. realizes what kind of work Jack does and finds the credit card receipt from the gas stop in Bermuda he sees the name John Tyleski (something like that) on it. He thinks to himself..."The first name was right but the last name..."

Now, I know that Jack is a nickname for John, like JFK was John Kennedy but everyone called him Jack.

I don't know why this blew my mind, I guess I felt like I knew Jack, knew his personal thoughts and what he went through in his life. To find out that his name is John was a bit of a shock.

Unless of course I read the passage entirely wrong and if that is the case I am an idiot and one of the moderators can delete this thread to protect my reading comprehension ability.

Infernal-Super Minor Spoiler - cobalt - 01-28-2006

No, I don't think this was too much of a surprise. As someone else reminded me, remember there are no more coincedences. John or Jack, you could always feel this was his true first name.

Infernal-Super Minor Spoiler - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 01-28-2006

AsMoral Wrote:I was reading infernal and came across something that blew my mind. It was such a small detail but it really made me feel odd.

Here comes the spoiler.

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

When Tom Jr. realizes what kind of work Jack does and finds the credit card receipt from the gas stop in Bermuda he sees the name John Tyleski (something like that) on it. He thinks to himself..."The first name was right but the last name..."

Now, I know that Jack is a nickname for John, like JFK was John Kennedy but everyone called him Jack.

I don't know why this blew my mind, I guess I felt like I knew Jack, knew his personal thoughts and what he went through in his life. To find out that his name is John was a bit of a shock.

Unless of course I read the passage entirely wrong and if that is the case I am an idiot and one of the moderators can delete this thread to protect my reading comprehension ability.

What, you thought his baptismal name was "Francis Paul?" But I have always been impressed with Paul's ingenuity in hiding Jack's surname. Cool

Infernal-Super Minor Spoiler - KRW - 01-28-2006

AsMoral Wrote:I was reading infernal and came across something that blew my mind. It was such a small detail but it really made me feel odd.

Here comes the spoiler.

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

I've always known Jack was a nickname for John, but for the life of me I couldn't tell you why. Isn't John short for Jonathan? Anyways, I remember FPW saying the last name is his secret. I think though, because secrets are hard to keep to ones self, that Jacks last name is in the series somewhere. Encrypted or anagram, somewhere. ( I can hear FPW laughing at me now) Cool

Ken

KRW Wrote:I've always known Jack was a nickname for John, but for the life of me I couldn't tell you why. Isn't John short for Jonathan? Anyways, I remember FPW saying the last name is his secret. I think though, because secrets are hard to keep to ones self, that Jacks last name is in the series somewhere. Encrypted or anagram, somewhere. ( I can hear FPW laughing at me now) Cool

Ken

Maybe if Jack's last name is so willfully obscure, it doesn't really exist at all? :confused: But here's an ahdear! Maybe Paul might auction off, for a modest sum, Jack's last name for a pledge for a righteous charity. With the proviso that the winner never reveal the name until Paul does in a future story. If ever... Sounds like an ahdear to me, gang. Paul?

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Maybe if Jack's last name is so willfully obscure, it doesn't really exist at all? :confused: But here's an ahdear! Maybe Paul might auction off, for a modest sum, Jack's last name for a pledge for a righteous charity. With the proviso that the winner never reveal the name until Paul does in a future story. If ever... Sounds like an ahdear to me, gang. Paul?

Apparently your dying for it too. You also might have a better route to exicute it to! Money talks................! I like it it!

Ken

KRW Wrote:Apparently your dying for it too. You also might have a better route to exicute it to! Money talks................! I like it it!

Ken

My first bid, for the good charity, is ten bucks. How 'bout you, Ken? Can you make it $10.01? "You'll never walk alone..." Cool

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:My first bid, for the good charity, is ten bucks. How 'bout you, Ken? Can you make it $10.01? "You'll never walk alone..." Cool

$10.01? I never raise a penny! I'll double it to $20.00 with the procides going to the vegetarian chupacabreas! They're such a small group with a small voice that I feel they need all the help they can get! It's not easy being a recovering goat sucking addict ya know!

Ken

KRW Wrote:$10.01? I never raise a penny! I'll double it to $20.00 with the procides going to the vegetarian chupacabreas! They're such a small group with a small voice that I feel they need all the help they can get! It's not easy being a recovering goat sucking addict ya know!

Ken

O-o-o-h...You talkin' =Fortean= talk now. Are all the children in bed? Nobody with a weak heart or sensitive nature on the board now? 'Cause I'd hate to be responsible... :eek:

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:O-o-o-h...You talkin' =Fortean= talk now. Are all the children in bed? Nobody with a weak heart or sensitive nature on the board now? 'Cause I'd hate to be responsible... :eek:

I doubt a law suit would be pending! Wink (I said doubt)

KRW