Scott Miller   01-18-2006, 01:47 PM
What a crazy little movie from the man, Vincenzo Natali, responsible for Cube. Isolation is obviously a prevalent theme for him as Nothing is about two social outcasts who struggle with modern living. As the world is crushing them, they suddenly discover they possess the ability to turn whatever ails them into nothing. To say more would spoil the fun. Worth seeing if you are looking for something offbeat.

One more thing, the finale is an incredibly funny fight scene that must be seen to be believed.
This post was last modified: 01-18-2006, 02:18 PM by Scott Miller.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Kenji   01-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:What a crazy little movie from the man, Vincenzo Natali, responsible for Cube. Isolation is obviously a prevalent theme for him as Nothing is about two social outcasts who struggle with modern living. As the world is crushing them, they suddenly discover they possess the ability to turn whatever ails them into nothing. To say more would spoil the fun. Worth seeing if you are looking for something offbeat.

One more thing, the finale is an incredibly funny fight scene that must be seen to be believed.

Scott,

Last year I saw this movie in a theater, and I made a thread about it. Wink

http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...nzo+Natali

Yes, they were wild and crazy guys! Big Grin Last fight scene was inredible...or I should say "INSANE!". It has worth to see.
Scott Miller   01-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Kenji Wrote:Scott,

Last year I saw this movie in a theater, and I made a thread about it. Wink

http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...nzo+Natali

Yes, they were wild and crazy guys! Big Grin Last fight scene was inredible...or I should say "INSANE!". It has worth to see.

So you did, so you did. Not surprisingly, I didn't remember it, but I do agree with your thoughts on the film.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Sam   01-18-2006, 08:51 PM
I've been thinking about renting this film. Now I will. I could imagine where this kind of story could lead. Sounds like fun.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Kenji   01-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Sam Wrote:I've been thinking about renting this film. Now I will. I could imagine where this kind of story could lead. Sounds like fun.

Yes, this is very fun movie. Vincenzo Natali's Cube was ultimate horror. Cypher was Cronenberg + Hitchcock-like thriller. And, Nothing was......hmm, I can't say anything. It's very bizarre and weird movie, like "Being John Malkovich". Big Grin