saynomore   01-18-2006, 12:52 AM
Saw this movie today; it's a retelling of Red Riding Hood, viewed through the eyes of the principal characters: Riding Hood, the Wolf, Granny, and the Woodsman. It works as film noir for kids, with a few laughs for the grown ups. It's not up there with Chicken Little, but it's funnier than Shark Tale (but what isn't?).

AC
fpw   01-18-2006, 09:23 AM
saynomore Wrote:Saw this movie today; it's a retelling of Red Riding Hood, viewed through the eyes of the principal characters: Riding Hood, the Wolf, Granny, and the Woodsman. It works as film noir for kids, with a few laughs for the grown ups. It's not up there with Chicken Little, but it's funnier than Shark Tale (but what isn't?).

AC

My grandson (6) howled with laughter at the goat and the gopher. I thought it was an extremely clever script -- loved the way the four different stories intersected and interacted. (Dare I call it Rashomon Lite?) I wish Rodriguez had tied the Sin City stories together half as well. (I'm sure he could have, but he seemed too slavishly devoted to the originals to tinker with them.)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Maggers   01-18-2006, 04:39 PM
fpw Wrote:... Dare I call it Rashomon Lite?

Sure, go ahead, that's what most of the reviewers are alikening it to. Sounds intriguing. I hear this was a very low budget animation and may pave the way for other creative animators.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Scott Hajek   01-19-2006, 12:20 AM
Maggers Wrote:Sure, go ahead, that's what most of the reviewers are alikening it to. Sounds intriguing. I hear this was a very low budget animation and may pave the way for other creative animators.

"Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius" was made with over-the-counter software. It was nominated for an Academy Award.

Hoodwinked was fun. Like FPW, I agree that the overlapping storylines were well done.

If only coffee truly had an effect like that.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Scott Miller   03-22-2006, 11:06 PM
I took my poor daughter, sick two years in a row on her birthday, to see it this afternoon. While not destined to be a classic, it was a lot of fun to see how each person's story overlapped and arrove at the same place. All of the characters contributed to the humor, although I must admit I'm tiring of the radical elderly people bit. I liked Twitchy and the Wolf best, with the frog inspector a close second.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels