Tyson   05-31-2004, 10:51 PM
Hey Guys & Gals,

Just a quick poll, when you get FPW to sign your books, do you get him to personalize it, or just sign it? Just wondering.
Biggles   05-31-2004, 11:04 PM
Tyson Wrote:Hey Guys & Gals,

Just a quick poll, when you get FPW to sign your books, do you get him to personalize it, or just sign it? Just wondering.

Aside from a couple, I had him just sign, but I also gave him a boxful at once, so I didn't want to tie him up a long time. It was GU-3, and we were getting ready to party. I think if I were to mail him just a couple I would be more likely to ask for a personalized inscription.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Scott Hajek   06-01-2004, 11:37 AM

It depends on your motives.... have it personalized if you wish to keep it forever. Or, you could have it just signed and sell it on ebay. But, why would you ever want to do that???

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
DaveStrorm   06-01-2004, 01:56 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:It depends on your motives.... have it personalized if you wish to keep it forever. Or, you could have it just signed and sell it on ebay. But, why would you ever want to do that???

I could not agree more. If anyone wants to sell the books I've had signed they will have to pry them out of my cold, dead hands and / or bookshelves. Although my bookshelves probably aren't that cold.
jimbow8   06-01-2004, 03:14 PM
DaveStrorm Wrote:I could not agree more. If anyone wants to sell the books I've had signed they will have to pry them out of my cold, dead hands and / or bookshelves. Although my bookshelves probably aren't that cold.
I hope they're dead, though.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Ken Valentine   06-01-2004, 07:15 PM

When I brought books for him to sign, he automatically wrote down, "For Ken V." Which pleased me no end.

Ken V.
DaveStrorm   06-01-2004, 07:58 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I hope they're dead, though.

How do I tell for sure? You know, just in case.
Biggles   06-01-2004, 10:12 PM
DaveStrorm Wrote:How do I tell for sure? You know, just in case.

If they're alive, they'll start bitchin' and moanin' about the weight of their burden.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Scott Hajek   06-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Biggles Wrote:If they're alive, they'll start bitchin' and moanin' about the weight of their burden.

Unless that burden is a load of FPWs, then they'll be moanin' and bitchin' about not getting enough...

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]