Scott Miller   12-24-2005, 02:13 AM
I just watched it this evening; it's pretty impressive visually, especially the train sequences. I couldn't sustain much interest in the story after the midpoint, but I recommend it for the wind-blown ticket scene alone.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Kenji   12-24-2005, 09:27 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:I just watched it this evening; it's pretty impressive visually, especially the train sequences. I couldn't sustain much interest in the story after the midpoint, but I recommend it for the wind-blown ticket scene alone.

I saw it in theater....perhaps it was last year.

Normally I dislike full CG animations. Especially "The Final Fantasy" was totally idiotic crap. But I like "The Polar Express". Because.....it's Christmas! Wink
mike36799   12-25-2005, 01:57 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:I just watched it this evening; it's pretty impressive visually, especially the train sequences. I couldn't sustain much interest in the story after the midpoint, but I recommend it for the wind-blown ticket scene alone.

Yes, it had a nice wintery feel, and some terrific effects. When it boiled down to the actual movie, I felt bored through most of it.

"I have the key to One-Eyed-Willy."
nijimeijer   12-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Any animation in the movie that didn't involve people was great. All of it that did involve people was poorly done, and looked/felt unnatural. In addition, it was incredibly boring, and a little creepy.

It was just boring boring boring, hey, roller coaster CG scene, let the music swell! boring boring boring ...

Yeah. I didn't really like the film. Smile

Throughout our history there are those ghosts
Compelled to illustrate our dreams and hopes
Victors hang in pictures, losers from ropes.
Regardless they all swing in the same boat.