fpw   10-26-2005, 11:03 AM
From Dave Hinchberger of Overlook Connection Press:

(THE LAST RAKOSH IS) going to be November - late. I've put off contacting you because I've been waiting on the printer to get back to me. They are having an issue with an endpaper for the book - ie their supplier may be out of stock, and it looks like I'm going to have to work with something else. So obviously that blows the Halloween release outta the water. As we get closer to a ship date from the printer, I will let you know...the limited is down to the last 200 copies, so I don't expect this to last long.

If interested, you have two ways to pre-order this:

b) Directly from the publisher:
http://www.overlookconnection.com/lastrako.htm

b) If you’d like me to inscribe it to you or to whomever it’s intended, order from Shocklines:
http://store.yahoo.com/shocklines/larabyfpawib.html

NB: Shocklines does not charge your credit card until the books are shipped.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
t4terrific   10-26-2005, 02:59 PM
fpw Wrote:From Dave Hinchberger of Overlook Connection Press:

(THE LAST RAKOSH IS) going to be November - late. I've put off contacting you because I've been waiting on the printer to get back to me. They are having an issue with an endpaper for the book - ie their supplier may be out of stock, and it looks like I'm going to have to work with something else. So obviously that blows the Halloween release outta the water. As we get closer to a ship date from the printer, I will let you know...the limited is down to the last 200 copies, so I don't expect this to last long.

If interested, you have two ways to pre-order this:

b) Directly from the publisher:
http://www.overlookconnection.com/lastrako.htm

b) If you’d like me to inscribe it to you or to whomever it’s intended, order from Shocklines:
http://store.yahoo.com/shocklines/larabyfpawib.html

NB: Shocklines does not charge your credit card until the books are shipped.

Thanks for the update. I ordered the limited from Overlook so long ago. I'm really excited to add it to my collection.

How many pages is it?
Scott Hajek   10-26-2005, 03:14 PM
I'd seen the notation NB floated around many of your posts and newsletters. I was going to ask, but thanks to Google, I found my answers.

Quote:The abbreviation N.B. is short for the Latin nota bene, meaning "note well!". It is used as a firm command, reminding people not to forget something! e.g. N.B. Always use capital letters at the start of sentences!

Just in case anyone else was interested.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
t4terrific   10-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:I'd seen the notation NB floated around many of your posts and newsletters. I was going to ask, but thanks to Google, I found my answers.

Just in case anyone else was interested.

Thanks. I never knew it either. I just figured it for something like, P.S..
Maggers   10-26-2005, 10:29 PM
t4terrific Wrote:Thanks. I never knew it either. I just figured it for something like, P.S..

You guys weren't taught Latin and aren't in the medical field. I actually use NB at work. But I've known it since school days.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Scott Hajek   10-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Maggers Wrote:You guys weren't taught Latin and aren't in the medical field. I actually use NB at work. But I've known it since school days.

I chose not to learn Latin. But, my dad is a doctor, so that puts me in the medical field by proxy. Still, I didn't know what it meant. I thought that it was a reference to a newbie. As in, "Get a clue newbie. This is what you MUST know."

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
t4terrific   10-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:I chose not to learn Latin. But, my dad is a doctor, so that puts me in the medical field by proxy. Still, I didn't know what it meant. I thought that it was a reference to a newbie. As in, "Get a clue newbie. This is what you MUST know."

I've never had a reason to learn it. It's not spoken very commonly these days. Hahaa!! Big Grin
IanSF   10-27-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm waiting for an international delivery quote from Shocklines. Hope they've not all gone before I can get my order in.
edit: Just got my quote. Reservation has been requested.[Image: woohoo.gif]
This post was last modified: 10-28-2005, 08:36 PM by IanSF.
OverlookConnectionPress   12-17-2005, 04:32 AM
As you've seen posted here on the Repairman Jack web site, we had an issue with the endpapers and unfortunately delayed the release of the book. All issues have been solved, and the book is now in production at the printer. The printer expects us to receive the book the last week of January. The signed limited edition and the trade edition feature different bindings and endpapers. Not only has F. Paul Wilson provided the readers with the most "complete" version of "The Last Rakosh" with the OCP edition, we have taken a lot of time and effort with the endpapers, binding, front board embossing, signed-illustrated tip-in sheets (that are gorgeous), and we hope you'll appreciate the finsihed book when it arrives on your door step. As a side note in production: I truly believe that signed limited editions should not have "UPC" codes on the book if at all possible. And the limited edition does not. Keeping it a very clean and tight look for a special edition. However the trade edition does feature the UPC.
The signed limited will sell-out before we receive it. All bookstore orders have not come in yet, but at this rate it's first come... you know the drill. So make sure your bookstore has your copy reserved for you (please support our Specialty Bookstores if you have a favorite - they're an important part of OCP success and we support sales direct thru them) or you can order from us direct at http://www.overlookconnection.com/lastrako.htm. All my best, Dave Hinchberger, Publisher, OCP.