Maggers   11-30-2005, 10:01 PM
I passed a brownstone window yesterday that made me do a double take. It was right out of "A Christmas Story." Smack in the middle of the first floor window was the one-legged lamp with fishnet stockings and tassled shade. How fabulous is that!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Medusa   11-30-2005, 10:03 PM
You can actually buy those in magazines. "The Lighter Side" has lots of that kind of stuff.
Maggers   11-30-2005, 11:21 PM
Medusa Wrote:You can actually buy those in magazines. "The Lighter Side" has lots of that kind of stuff.

Ahhh...that would explain why I'd never seen it 'til now. I guess they put it up as a fun Christmas display. Still got a big laugh out of me.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Noelie   12-01-2005, 12:30 PM
I love those lamps hehe.

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
The Mad American   12-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Maggers Wrote:I passed a brownstone window yesterday that made me do a double take. It was right out of "A Christmas Story." Smack in the middle of the first floor window was the one-legged lamp with fishnet stockings and tassled shade. How fabulous is that!

My wife actually bought me Christmas tree ornaments of the one legged Italian lamp. They crack me up.

Fragile!! It must be Italian.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

jimbow8   12-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Maggers Wrote:I passed a brownstone window yesterday that made me do a double take. It was right out of "A Christmas Story." Smack in the middle of the first floor window was the one-legged lamp with fishnet stockings and tassled shade. How fabulous is that!
They were selling them at the SunCoast Video store that I happened into a week or so ago. Anything from full-sized down to keychain size.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Scott Miller   12-01-2005, 01:41 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Fragile!! It must be Italian.

One of my favorite lines. Arrested Development just had a similar joke with Shemale. Maybe(a character's name) bought a shirt with Shemale on it for her mom and told her it was from a new designer pronounced Sha mal e.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
neotank   12-11-2005, 10:43 PM
"It's a major award!"