Scott Miller   11-30-2005, 11:47 AM
I piled up the kidddos to see Wallace and Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit last night and it was grate. It is full of the WG zany inventions, superb visuals, wonderful homages and tons of humor, both juvenile and adult-like all the best children's movies. Both of my thumbs are enthusiastically up.

Oh, and the bread and butter of all werewolf flicks, the transformation scene, is spectacular.
This post was last modified: 11-30-2005, 11:51 AM by Scott Miller.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
jimbow8   11-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:I piled up the kidddos to see Wallace and Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit last night and it was grate. It is full of the WG zany inventions, superb visuals, wonderful homages and tons of humor, both juvenile and adult-like all the best children's movies. Both of my thumbs are enthusiastically up.

Oh, and the bread and butter of all werewolf flicks, the transformation scene, is spectacular.
Netflix just sent me the W&G DVD (3 mini-movies?) yesterday, but I haven't watched it yet. I've never seen any W&G before. Looking forward to it.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Scott Miller   11-30-2005, 12:17 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Netflix just sent me the W&G DVD (3 mini-movies?) yesterday, but I haven't watched it yet. I've never seen any W&G before. Looking forward to it.

You are in for a treat. A Close Shave and The Wrong Trousers are fantastic. Nothing wrong with A Grand Day Out either, it's just not quite on the same level as the other two.

Scott

Maggers   11-30-2005, 01:02 PM
Scott,
I was worried there for a moment when I read the title of your thread. I thought you found Wallace and Grommit to be grating on your nerves. I love W&G, but I haven't seen the latest one yet. I'm looking forward to it; I'm sure it will be great!

M

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Scott Miller   11-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Maggers Wrote:Scott,
I was worried there for a moment when I read the title of your thread. I thought you found Wallace and Grommit to be grating on your nerves. I love W&G, but I haven't seen the latest one yet. I'm looking forward to it; I'm sure it will be great!

M

Count me a fanboy. I love W & G. The 'Grate' is a little inside joke for those that have seen the movie.

Scott

stacyzinda123   11-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Count me a fanboy. I love W & G. The 'Grate' is a little inside joke for those that have seen the movie.
LOL, I was confused too! I'll have to check out the movie.
Scott Miller   11-30-2005, 04:01 PM
I should also mention that the kiddos have nothing but kudos for it as well.

Scott

Scott Miller   02-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Apparently I'm immature. I simply crackers for this film. Watched it twice in the last two days and it only gets funnier.

Scott

cobalt   02-18-2006, 12:02 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:Apparently I'm immature. I simply crackers for this film. Watched it twice in the last two days and it only gets funnier.

Okay, not immature, just a child at heart is how I think of it. I love W&G! We've watched Curse twice, it just gets funnier.
Kenji   03-23-2006, 11:21 AM
At last, I saw "Wallace and Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" in a theatre.

Well, I'm not a kid but I enjoyed a lot! "The Wrong Trousers" was my favorite one, but this "Were-Rabbit" was really "grate".Big Grin I got the reason this film took a Oscar. This is really better than "Howl's Moving Castle". I felt a warm-heart in the clay animation.