Pages (2): 1 2   
Scott Hajek   11-15-2005, 11:55 PM
[Image: CoCDVDfront.gif]

Now available at www.cthulhulives.org

Check out the trailer. It's pretty cool. I've got a DVD on order.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
APhew   11-16-2005, 12:27 AM
I read about this a while back at Dread Central. It looks pretty amazing. It's on my X-mas wish list.
Scott Hajek   11-16-2005, 12:32 AM
They will be offering the movie poster for sale soon. I asked and they said the posters were just picked up from the printer. Not sure of the cost, yet. But, the poster will look really cool framed and in my office or basement. Maybe both.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
jimbow8   11-16-2005, 12:58 AM
Thanks, Scott. I still haven't read much HPL (I need to remedy that), but I have liked what I have read. I also really liked Dagon, and Re-Animator was pretty cool ... very weird.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
maxplay   11-16-2005, 06:55 PM
What a terrific idea. I don't imagine there's too big a market for a silent, B&W picture, but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Always Play the Max!
The Mad American   11-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Awesome. Thanks for posting this. I am a big HPL fan and had not heard of this. Gonna get mine on order ASAP. Big Grin

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Mick C.   11-19-2005, 04:08 PM
Wow - that trailer looks great. A silent movie seems like the best way to capture the feeliong of that story. I'll order the DVD. Poster looks great, too.

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Scott Hajek   11-25-2005, 08:35 PM
I will start off by saying that this review will not be entertaining to read like Tony's or others on the board. That out of the way, I will say this:

This movie was very entertaining. It was very faithful to the story and it looked like someone just blew 80 years of dust off an old film reel. It looks and sounds like a silent film made eons ago. Very well done. Everything about it was authentic.

If you are a Lovecraft fan, check it out. If only other Lovecraft stories were adapted so well (Re-Animator aside. I love that movie!).

Even if you don't care for Lovecraft, it's worth seeing.

Rating: Four Elder Signs

Scott Hajek

jimbow8   11-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:I will start off by saying that this review will not be entertaining to read like Tony's or others on the board. That out of the way, I will say this:

This movie was very entertaining. It was very faithful to the story and it looked like someone just blew 80 years of dust off an old film reel. It looks and sounds like a silent film made eons ago. Very well done. Everything about it was authentic.

If you are a Lovecraft fan, check it out. If only other Lovecraft stories were adapted so well (Re-Animator aside. I love that movie!).

Even if you don't care for Lovecraft, it's worth seeing.

Rating: Four Elder Signs
What about Dagon? I liked that one, too.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
shoggoth666   12-02-2005, 11:03 PM
fantastic!been playing the xbox game call of cthulhu dark corneres of the earth.It is excellent and true to lovecraft and the mythos.your character is a p.i investigating a disseaperance in innsmouth check it out
http://www.callofcthulhu.com/

"you buncha freaks i hope ya have fun"
Pages (2): 1 2